Returning to PS

-

KJoeZ61

Reaction score
My right arm isn't what it once was, going back to PS. The reservoir was leaking pretty bad before and the way the outside of it was beat up I can see why. Anyway I cleaned it up and smoothed out the metal on the lip. My concern is should the inside be painted? I think not, but I'm not sure. However it looked like it was, but it all came off with the Simple Green, didn't on the outside though!

IMG_0020 (002).jpg

Painting the inside is not only not done normally or factory, it could be disastrous to the pump and steering gear box function.

Painting the inside is not only not done normally or factory, it could be disastrous to the pump and steering gear box function.

Yeah when I took it apart it didn’t seem right. But that’s how a lot of things were on this car. I sent the box to steer&gear it’s being rebuilt as modern.

Yeah when I took it apart it didn’t seem right. But that’s how a lot of things were on this car. I sent the box to steer&gear it’s being rebuilt as modern.

Nice, hope it all works out good.

Steer n Gear will build you a quality box, I have bought a few of them over the years.
No issues, quality parts, a-little on the high side price wise, but you get what you pay for, a trouble free part.

-
Back