-
Status
Not open for further replies.

valiantwagonguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
The other day while out in the world in my 65 valiant wagon I went to back out of a parking space and had no reverse.Looked under the car and saw the linkage hanging connected at the trans and the end of the shift arm broken .Never saw this happen before but ,some guy helped me push it out of the parking space and I was able to drive home no problem. So now I need the reverse arm for the 65 Barracuda or Valiant/Dart stock 4 spd Hurst shifter so I can rebuild mine and drive again.

Good luck with finding one of those. You can have it welded back together, and it should be better than new. Plenty of room to clean up the welds on that shifter.

The other day while out in the world in my 65 valiant wagon I went to back out of a parking space and had no reverse.Looked under the car and saw the linkage hanging connected at the trans and the end of the shift arm broken .Never saw this happen before but ,some guy helped me push it out of the parking space and I was able to drive home no problem. So now I need the reverse arm for the 65 Barracuda or Valiant/Dart stock 4 spd Hurst shifter so I can rebuild mine and drive again.
Hold it in place, draw a line on it with a sharpie. Take it and have it welded. Spray some paint and put it back on...

Thanks for all the input guys.Can't be welded,it's missing a good bit of it. I'll look into the Shifter Doctor .Did find a used shifter but the guy wants 250 for it and it's allrusty and needs to be all rebuilt so I passed. Gonna go over to my storage garage and root thru some boxes tomorrow. I used to have all sorts of 4 speed stuff .I hope I saved some but doubt it. The number on the the shift arm is 2336

Last edited:
I've got some later shifters. I'll see what the number is. I've also got a couple of old shifters torn apart (hopefully where I can find them...). I moved all that stuff over the last week and some of it is buried.

I've got some later shifters. I'll see what the number is. I've also got a couple of old shifters torn apart (hopefully where I can find them...). I moved all that stuff over the last week and some of it is buried.
Thank you ! The number on the reverse arm is 2336

2336 lever. Open to offer. It didnt come out of mechanism by it's self.

2336 lever H.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back