reverse light wiring question

-

the65dartguy1

Reaction score
I have 65 Dart i'm in the process of restoring. My car didn't come with reverse lights from the factory but I know there was a kit made for this. Anybody know what this entails? I'm guessing a switch/solenoid at the transmission and a little wiring to the tail end. Can't be much more than that, right?
Its a slant 6/904 car if that helps any.

Look at a 65 barracuda wiring diagram have one I am stripping and it has reverse lights in the bezels, hope it helps. I do know you just cant change the switch out in the trans to a three pin without changing out the roster tail inside of it.

Not 100% on the 65 but my 66 had the reverse light switch on the column. the trans switch was a single pin for the neutral safety going to the starter relay. In mine it piggybacked off the fuse panel, to the switch, then to the rear harness of the car to the lights.

Automatics up through 68? 69? had the reverse switch on the column/ shifter. When the 3 pin neutral switch came about, that is your neutral / reverse switch after that time

I would think fabricating a switch onto the linkage would be fairly easy, unless you have a later model transmission swapped in.

As ^^ suggested above, go to MyMopar and download the shop manual/ wiring diagram that closest matches your year/ model

-
Back