Reverse manual valve body /manual valve body

-

elvaliant66

Reaction score
I got a 67 valiant with a hurst v matic shifter it has a manual valve body Beeing PRN321. If I make it a reverse valve body it will be PRN123 correct? How can I change it for it to be reverse pattern ? Anyone have any links for that process? And since the 67 I have is manual valve body does it have to have a kick down linkage? The previous owner rigged one up . It's a 225 cliff headers and intake with a holley390 cliff 268 cam

Are you familiar with the why of a reverse pattern?

Try to imagine driving your car on the street with PRN123
Try to imagine situations outside the box, where you might need to shift from 3 to N,or
finding 1 from N, or 1-R,R-1

to my knowledge a manual valve body does not require a kick down, at least none of the ones that I have used. I run forward manual on my street cars and reverse manual in the drag car.:coffee2:

Are you familiar with the why of a reverse pattern?

Try to imagine driving your car on the street with PRN123
Try to imagine situations outside the box, where you might need to shift from 3 to N,or
finding 1 from N, or 1-R,R-1

ive run rpmvb for years on the street and never needed to go to n from 3rd or the others.actually i think its safer,no accidental shifting to n at 6k

I only own old cars and they all have RMVBs. My 68 Satellite has had one for over 20 years and my 73 RR has had one for 12 years. One or the other of these cars is driven every day. RMVB is great with a column shift. Requires just a bit more effort with a Slap Stik as you have to depress the button to go to the next forward gear. Cars that shift themselves annoy me.

ive run rpmvb for years on the street and never needed to go to n from 3rd or the others.actually i think its safer,no accidental shifting to n at 6k

Yea once u go to 3rd u have a chance u can over shoot and go to N . The hurst v matic has that reverse and park lockout

Has anyone done the Rmvb themselves? Does it require expertise on tranny knowledge? Never did Much on a tranny just replace pan gasket and filter. When I bought the car the PO had the tranny rebuilt with mvb .

You cannot modify your valve body to be a reverse shift pattern valve body. That takes extensive modifications to the valve body, some of which is precision machining. If you want a reverse pattern VB you need to buy one.

What is a good brand? Is TCI a good brand?i seen some kits say "full manual" what's the difference?

What is a good brand? Is TCI a good brand?i seen some kits say "full manual" what's the difference?

Turbo Action's reverse valve body,is nice.. Some people complain..,if they haven't taken a ride ,in one...Only a ride in one will tell you.I bought one,from personal experiences.. JHMO..

Still using a Turbo Action Reverse manual valve body i bought back in 1982......

-
Back