Revhendo's - brake line tip = AWESOME

-

crackedback

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A while back Revhendo showed some pics of brake lines that he had fabbed up. They looked really good. I had always just eyeballed the bending of mine, sometimes with bad results needing to start over. Rev suggested using a wire coat hanger to mimic the required shape and fine tune it a little as you go. Got to say that method worked really well. Made forming the lines from master to prop valve easier and the result looked pretty good.

Brakelines001.jpg

Brakelines003.jpg

Brakelines002.jpg

Thanks again Rev for the great tip! :-D

I don't know how anyone could have done that any nicer. You're hired.

Thanks for passing that tip along. The brake lines looks great.

Holy crap dude, totally got this post by me. You did an awesome job on that line and your car is gonna look way sweeter than either of my rides. I actually learned the coat hanger trick from an old hillbilly out of Riverside. Or maybe it was Temecula.....

Whadahyamean looks pretty good? Damn I'd Like to see your idea of look's excellent!!! nice Job!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Looks real professional Rob.

Just take your time. Fuel lines are harder to do than brake lines, but the same theory applies. Just take into account that as the line size goes up, the radius of any bend gets bigger. I still bend and flare 5/8 and 1/2 stainless hardlines by hand, it's just hurts longer.....

Attachments

• New Day June 09 068.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 586
  • SSPX0195.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 582
  • 007.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 587
  • vaca cars dinga 096.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 583
Wow. Making one line lay nice, maybe two is bad enough to pull off. Now that my arthritis is in full bloom, I have little confindence in ever improving these skills

Cracked did an awesome job. When you look at it from any angle it just flows. It looks like it's exactly the way it's supposed to be. I just wanna know where he got the gold master cylinder.

Got the master cylinder from Ehrenberg. He was selling them with the adapter plate.

nice job on the brakelines, many thanks for the pics ..

Damn that's nice Rob.. and those lines look anally perfect :).. Quick question? I noticed you omitted the loops that are normally there. I am guessing they are not needed for expansion (if that is their purpose). I prefer the look without.

Grant

Thanks Grant and everyone for the kind words..

Yes the loops are for expansion/movement. This isn't a daily driver 100K mile car so I left them out.

For those wishing to put those loops in, a small can, piece of pipe, works great for forming a nice clean circle.

The three + year project continues... LOL

Got some trans lines done and mounted a electrcal bus location. Drilled the snot out of the front bumper brackets. Made a ratchet gate plate for the stock A body console shifter.

Got a bunch of stuff for finishing the trunk, making a driveshaft loop.

-
Back