Rick@Laysons

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I asked Mr. Rick laysons if he had a part available, he said no, out of stock.

Then a few weeks later I get a PM telling me he had them available again.

I appreciate a vendor remembering me and letting me know as he did. I received the part and its on the way into the car :)

I bought my wheel well trim for my 68 cuda from Rick. Zero complaints here.

I just got reap QP patch panels from them for a 64 Cuda. Prob the best replacement I have ever come across.

Rick helped me work out an exchange, which was supposed to happen at Moparfest. They didn't make it across the border. A week later he called and shipped the new part to me. Great service.

I had the same good service from Mike @ Schumacher Creative Services, emailed him on some poly loc engine mounts responded within 5 minutes and told me they were out of stock and would have some ready to ship in a week, notified me once they were in now they are making their trip to Australia.

I remember there being some negative threads about Layson's, prior to Rick joining the board. Since then, most of us have figured out to do any business through him. Been a long time since I have seen anything about Layson's, other than complimentary about Rick. He has helped a lot of us out.

I remember there being some negative threads about Layson's, prior to Rick joining the board. Since then, most of us have figured out to do any business through him. Been a long time since I have seen anything about Layson's, other than complimentary about Rick. He has helped a lot of us out.
READ----------- not bad mouthing Rick, JUST THAT I COULD DO BETTER PRICE WISE ELSEWHWERE.

Just curios why. It seems rather odd to say something like that without a reason. I don't doubt that you have a good reason; I just wondered what it was. Poor service, or a bad part?

Just Google them. To many horror stories.

My experience ?
At the Spring Fling,
A Washington based company charging sales tax in California ? No Bueno
In fact, they are the only swappers charging tax at the event. Plus, not interested in China parts on my car.

Last edited:
Recently went through Layson's for frame connectors. Rick was awesome and the part came fast. It was an all around great transaction. (I had them welded on - and was told the fit was very close and only required a little notch for the e-brake)

I wouldn't buy a valve stem cap from them.
Deal with Rick and you’ll get service!
Unlike other people at his job, Rick is “A Goodfella” worth your time which will lead to respecting him.

His co-workers, F! Them!

Oh yea! Big time 100% correct post.

Rick took a lot of heat joining up. A LOT OF HEAT!

Another 100% correct post. I’ll never deal with Laysons unless it is through Rick!

If Rick ever left Laysons, they would never see a penny from me again. As long as Rick is there, they’ll get my money.

Rick don’t play games. Straight shooter!
Excellent to deal with.
This NYC horn fella says Ricks a Goodfella!

My experience ?
At the Spring Fling,
A Washington based company charging sales tax in California ? No Bueno
In fact, they are the only swappers charging tax at the event. Plus, not interested in China parts on my car.
I wonder if California requires a sales tax permit for them to sell in their state. Most states do.

In the not-too-distant future, there will most likely be sales tax on ALL internet purchases ie: Ebay, Amazon, etc....as well as sales tax collected by all vendors and sellers at the major swaps and car shows....regardless of what state the shows are in.

Not a damn thing we can do about it here at Layson's.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Our state sales tax officers would check everyone's permits at our local swap meet. If you were a business you had one. If you were just Joe Mopar selling a few parts you had to have a temporary one.

Same here have to start on Distributors also. Prob take a tax hit this year. Have one so no big deal. PA is just 6%

-
Back