Ride height with hotchkis leaf springs

-

berry-cuda

Reaction score
does anyone have a ride hieght measument to the rear wheel well lip with hotchkis leaf springs and possibly with a 26” tall tire, I’m getting ready to set my car on the ground off the rotisserie and have 2800lbs SS springs on it and it already looks like it will sit to high for me unless they end up compression 6” which I doubt. I’m wanting to run a 26” tall tire and want the wheel well at about the same height. I have 1/2” relocated springs with sliders on the back. Any info would be great thanks

I bet the wheel well lip height will vary from year and model. My rear spring upgrade did give me more height than I wanted and only after the front and was set and the car on the ground I was able to get the numbers to figure out further modifications. I did end up manufacturing a set of front spring mounts with the spring hole set 1- 1/2" higher to have the rear where I like it. A lot of bouncein', trouncein', rolling and measuring. Then took it all apart and modified to suit the end goal.

IMG_0230[1].JPG

Yeah I have room to move the front spring eye about 1 1/2” which would help me drop it a bit however being that it’s a relocated in it’s quite a bit of work drilling and welding a new but on and slotting the frame more but it is an option not sure how much total that would gain me I know the sliders in the back help lower it a bit as well. My reason for wanting wheel well measuments is because everyone’s opinion on to high and to low are always different lol

I have relocated springs and used a hole position in the front 1.5" higher and 1.5" rearward.

Sliders will lower the rear in 2 ways. One they will let the spring move freely, which will only happen if the shackle angle is 90 degrees or less. THe second way is how they mount to the car.

Yeah maby I’m just jumping the gun before I buy new springs I wouldn’t mind making these springs work before I spend a bunch of money on a new set, I gotta get my butt in gear and get this thing on the ground lol, I know the SS springs are known for being taller But maby I can do enough mods to make them work

Roccodart440 how did you move them back 1 1/2” did you shim the front mount? Cause there’s no way I have enough material there to drill it that far back

Yeah that’s kinda what I was worried about cause you can’t really raise them up I know they come with a new front bracket which I wouldn’t use and I’m not sure how much that makes it lower

So I set the car on jackstands under the leafs and took some measuments the car is just a shell with doors on it right now but from my measuments the car looks like it’s about 2 1/2” higher then I would like then I stood on the back and it squatted about an 1” more with 200lbs on and I figure with everything and fuel on it should be at least 300lbs which I’m guessing will leave me about 1” higher then what I want which I could use a block to get it there or move the front eye lower also I imagine they will sag abit in the first year. So I think I’ll use these springs before buying another set and see how it sits when complete. Thanks everyone

Yeah that’s got a nice stance to it, shipping springs to Canada costs a fortune though from what I’ve checked into and find most smaller parts distributors (which I’d rather support over summit and such), charge an insane amount of money to ship here, the reason I asked about hotchkis is because we have a distributor here that has free shipping and 10% off so hotchkis ends up being my cheapest option and they are generally
Known for high quality parts

Tdot performance not technically local but in Canada and free shipping they also have 10% off coupon codes frequently

On my 69 Fastback they have 25 and 3/4 inch to the rear wheel well lip. They are stiff as a board but only have about 40 miles on them so far. I also have a bunch of other suspension mods that might contribute to the stiffness. My tires are 255/40R18

Morning.. which spring is "that".. I got ambitious and pulled mine when I was just going to replace shackle bushings.. now feeling I should replace the whole spring
67 dart gt with 8.25.. 360 motor.. super confused on molar performance options as there are many weights and leaf counts. Then a handful of other vendors.. etc. I'm not wanting more drop as my tire is close enough..even with extended shackle. Pulled off a 6 leaf .. 3722294. Anyway a bit confused on what to get./do.

-
Back