Riding mower problems

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I'm down and my wife changed the blades but they wernt that bad I was in the house telling her what to do on face time...She did a real good job.Took her as fast as I'd do it.Got another noise I got her to look at the middle blade, I havent ever dropped the deck to grease that one,she said the tower was solid ....I didnt want her to drop the deck cause I've never done it ....I'll have to call a mobile repairman out ....when ur down u find our who your friends are

I'm down and my wife changed the blades but they wernt that bad I was in the house telling her what to do on face time...She did a real good job.Took her as fast as I'd do it.Got another noise I got her to look at the middle blade, I havent ever dropped the deck to grease that one,she said the tower was solid ....I didnt want her to drop the deck cause I've never done it ....I'll have to call a mobile repairman out ....when ur down u find our who your friends are

What kind of mower? Most decks are really easy to remove. I could walk Kitty right through it.

Wouldnt it be awesome if it was a husqvararna like mine? I’d do a video just to help someone out. I bet there is already a video out there.

It's a huskvarna 48 inch .I guess you tube would have 1
Lol, mine is 23hp 48” husqvarna. If you dont find a youtube thingy i will be happy to help.
Think its yth2348 is the model. 8 or so years old.

Thats an awesome video! Better than i would have done! But if you have questions feel free to ask.

That was simple I fowarded it to her...She once had a kid sideways and never made a peep

Keep in mind most of the time if the spindles on the deck have grease zerks, they are sealed bearings. I've seen this on at least 4 different decks from different manufactures. No idea why the heck they do this..

Keep in mind most of the time if the spindles on the deck have grease zerks, they are sealed bearings. I've seen this on at least 4 different decks from different manufactures. No idea why the heck they do this..
Just pump the cavity full of grease slowly and it will fill the cavity, bypass the seal, and fresh lube is in. 1 or 2 pumps regularly and you wont change another hub.

I have the same mower. Easy to drop the deck. I grease all zerks on the mower and sharpen blades at the end of each season along with the oil and filter and air filter. This is the 8th season I’ve had it with 300+ hours.

Just pump the cavity full of grease slowly and it will fill the cavity, bypass the seal, and fresh lube is in. 1 or 2 pumps regularly and you wont change another hub.
From my experience in industrial I will not force it in. That can cause more issues, probably not so much on a deck but in my line of work. I pull the spindle and pop the seal, on the grease side and leave the one on the blade side.

From my experience in industrial I will not force it in. That can cause more issues, probably not so much on a deck but in my line of work. I pull the spindle and pop the seal, on the grease side and leave the one on the blade side.

neighbor has one of those, motor is junk, that machine overall is a POS anyways as are most newer riding mowers.... get yourself a Cub Cadet from before MTD took them over (were actually decent, the 1st 10 or so years after that buyout but certainly not the past 10-15 years, they have become junk) or an older Wheel Horse, , older Deere, something like that.

neighbor has one of those, motor is junk, that machine overall is a POS anyways as are most newer riding mowers.... get yourself a Cub Cadet from before MTD took them over (were actually decent, the 1st 10 or so years after that buyout but certainly not the past 10-15 years, they have become junk) or an older Wheel Horse, , older Deere, something like that.

Well allRIGHTY then, I guess THIS problem is SOLVED LOLOL

I was looking at a Torro 52 inch cut zero turn.Neighbor has 1 and I played on it b4 I went down

-
Back