Right Stuff Rear Disc Conversion Setup

-

mario03srt

Reaction score
All,

As I continue to resto-sort out the Schwinger I'm now at the point of doing brakes upgrades. I have a few questions so I'm as prepared as possible.

The car is a 73 Dart 367 cubie with factory discs and big drums on a 8 3/4 rear end.

My plan is to upgrade the fronts to a 11.75 setup, pretty straight forward right?

I have settled in on a plain Right Stuff rear disc conversion kit. 10% off now til Monday with free shipping! 420.00 plus tax.

My main concern is the bias from front to rear and how to best address it or do I need to be concerned with 11.75 in the front with EBC pads and 10.5's in the back.

I have read that a new or adjustable proportioning valve might be needed or just modify the factory piece by removing a restrictor? What is a real rule of thumb here?

Also concerned about e brakes, the kit comes with cables that are correct with no fiddling and etc? Is that true?

I am replacing the hard line front to rear and the kit has new soft lines.

I know that this has been covered quite a bit and appreciate everyone's input. To include Drums are good enough lol.

Thanks,
Marion

I have the Scarebird conversion on the front and the Right Stuff on the rear. I use an adjustable proportioning valve and ran all new brake lines front to back. I'm still dialing in the rears. I had drums before. I've had a terrible time getting the Right Stuff rears to settle in. They growled horribly at first and still do but are improving the more I drive it. I guess they are still bedding in the pads.

subcom,

How were all of the fluid lines and cable installs? Do you ebrakes work well? Does the kit have "everything" that you needed? Where did you plumb in the adj prop valve?

Thanks,
Marion

Have you considered Dr. Diff's brake kits? I like how his rear kit mounts the caliper over the Right Stuff's dual bracket and spacers.

All,

I finally installed the Right Stuff Rear Disc kit. It went on with no issues and so far the change from drum to their kit is a much better feel and overall stopping. But it early and need to get it all bedded in but for the price to include a new line from the prop valve to the pumpkin had been a good value.

FYI,

Marion

All,

I finally installed the Right Stuff Rear Disc kit. It went on with no issues and so far the change from drum to their kit is a much better feel and overall stopping. But it early and need to get it all bedded in but for the price to include a new line from the prop valve to the pumpkin had been a good value.

FYI,

Marion
How are they to date? Still good? I am looking at putting a rear set on my 72 Duster. Thanks in advance

jrcr,

Work Great! Be sure to set the eBrake pad clearance on the rotor on a bench prior to install. I did not have enough cable clearance at first. Look for the video on their site.

Marion

-
Back