Votes: 59 23.4%
  • Rallyes

Votes: 131 52.0%

• Total voters
-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Time to start thinking about rims/tires. Im upgrading to BBP using aftermarket axles out back and F body spindles and disc up front. Tires will either be 235-60-15s or 255-60-15s on the rear and a 205-70-15 up front.

I dont want fancy shiney rims so choices are limited.

IM000235.jpg

IM000235.jpg

IM000235.jpg

Going tough Adam? Thats cool. Choices are limited. Obvious ones are Rallyes, or torq thrusts. Old style Centerlines might look good. Keep the fronts skinny, to make the rears look wider? Guess you know my vote.LOL

cudaspaz said:
Pro stars?, Draglites?

nothing Polished, Im sticking with a factory steel wheel. Cop Car rims, Plan steels like are on it or Rallyes.

3304851-cop%26hubcap.jpg

mpr_oem.jpg

wheel.jpg

If you go steel, please don't go copcar. Get a nice set of plain rims widened to 7 inch for the rear, with a custom backspacing to fit the BIGGEST tire you can.

MtNemoMopar said:
If you go steel, please don't go copcar. Get a nice set of plain rims widened to 7 inch for the rear, with a custom backspacing to fit the BIGGEST tire you can.

Whats wrong with cop wheels? I think those look the coolest of the "old school" if thats the look you want......Paint them up body color and add the centers and Wha-La! ~ Instant satisfaction...:)

I think some rallye wheels would look awesome on your car, I think the body colored wheels would be just too much gold. The silver rallye wheels would look great with the color of your car!

ultimate stealth= original hubcaps. nice with class= rallyes or mag 500s. steel rims with dogdish maybe, but body color they would get lost on there. too much of the same thing. takes a certin car and look to pull it off i think....

i would say body color wheel if the car is a bright color. but for a dark car the black steelies with dog dish caps.
jeff

HemiPar said:
i would say body color wheel if the car is a bright color. but for a dark car the black steelies with dog dish caps.
jeff

I'm with Jeff on this one too. Black steelies with dog dishes. :thumbup:

Sometimes I don't know what old school means. I was around back in the day and I don't ever remember anyone running the streets with cop car wheels or with dog dishes. The first thing we did was get mag wheels for our cars. My boss ordered an LS6 Chevelle without wheels and tires so he could put Cragars and bigger white lettered tires on it and he got credit on his order. I'd put on whatever you like best.

DSC00069(2) (Small).JPG

70coyoteduster said:
Sometimes I don't know what old school means. I was around back in the day and I don't ever remember anyone running the streets with cop car wheels or with dog dishes. The first thing we did was get mag wheels for our cars. My boss ordered an LS6 Chevelle without wheels and tires so he could put Cragars and bigger white lettered tires on it and he got credit on his order. I'd put on whatever you like best.

Great Duster.

Here are my original cars with Cragar SS-the wheel of choice for most of us then.

th_Snap2.jpg
th_Resized340DemonMikeandTim.jpg

Today though, I have an SSBC disc brake kit on the car and I can't use the Cragars, so I went with the dog dish look, which was the way my original 69 DART was when I bought it.

Too bad they don't make the Cragars that would handle the disk rotors. It was always my favorite wheel

th_Snap2.jpg

th_Snap2.jpg

I am a rallye person but wider steels with dog dishes is pretty cool also. The steels look good either black or body color but it depends on the car. I also think the dog dishes look better on a Dodge because the Dodge hubcap is better looking than the Plymouth hubcap. I myself don't like the cop wheels because, well they are cop wheels and they just don't look right to me.

Chuck

Cop cars, body color, dog dish and beauty rings. I think it would set the body color off with the beauty rings and have always liked the venting for the cop car wheels.

I say go with the cop wheels, paint them to match your interior and use beauty rings and centers like the Aspen R/T; Super Coupe.

-
Back