Rings won’t fit in grooves on pistons.. HELP!

-
Get new pistons and rings. technology today is just better.

100_0744.JPG

100_0745.JPG

100_0746.JPG

Thanks everyone. I ordered the 1/16 rings and they should be correct
Did you measure the ring channel on your pistons?

If the new rings are not right it is just more cash and wait time spent.

"Measure twice cut once"

If you don't have a caliper you need one.

You can get one from harbor freight, cheap, that will do for most things.

2293(383 domed piston) 765g plus a 250g pin.

I knew a fellow that had a basement full of piston blanks. Made pistons to order. How do you think those grooves got there in the first place? Not debating this, there are different ways to an end goal.

I knew a fellow that had a basement full of piston blanks. Made pistons to order. How do you think those grooves got there in the first place? Not debating this, there are different ways to an end goal.
Cutting ring lands in new pistons, is practical,obviously.
Recutting all the lands in a piston you can easily get rings for is not very practical.
But, if it was Sunday morning, you had a lathe, had the rings , weren't concerned about the friction increase from those bigger rings and just wanted to get the engine going, then I can understand why you'd give it a whirl.
I machined the inside face of some rings for a guy once so they would go into some shallow ring lands. Apparently the correct rings were not available and he didn't want to machine the piston lands.
That's what he wanted, so that's what I did. I didn't charge him, because I was interested in what the result would be.

-
Back