RIP Dee

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Sorry I have not posted. So much has been going on. Dee is in a rehabilitation hospital but she is not responding very well to therapy. She has had to be brought back to the hospital for a blood transfusion. She is now too weak to go to chemotherapy treatments. I stayed with her on Friday and Saturday nights and she woke up around 2 AM on Saturday morning and called me to come to her bedside. She told me through tears that she knows she's going to die and told me to take care of Regina and Holly and to take care of myself. I tried to stay strong but ended up breaking down. She was a little better yesterday and ate a little. Now today she told me she is going to start refusing her meals. Basically she no longer wants to fight this cancer. She said she is too weak and tired of fighting. I'm so torn up inside. I guess there will be some hard decisions to make in the near future. I'm not ready to let her go. This is ripping me apart inside.

Very sorry to hear this...

It's tough letting go, but it may be best for her if she's suffering... It's her life and her choice...

My mom was suffering before she passed and didn't want to keep going. It was a blessing for her to go... I was sad to see her go, but relieved that she wasn't suffering anymore... She wasn't happy with her quality of life at the end... I don't blame her, if I was that bad, I would want to go also...

You have to be strong and take care of your kids. Those are her wishes and it's what she wants you to do...

Tell her your goodbyes before she leaves so there are no regrets... That's the best comfort that you can do for her at this time...

Prayin for yall Tom. Just know we love you.

Tom, sorry it has come to this, but try to stay strong for your daughters. Try to focus on all the good times you all had together before this cancer showed up. Be thankful for all the time you had together. Just lost my kids PawPaw this morning.

Prayers, Tom. Stay strong in your faith and listen to your wife. I know it doesn't help, sometimes, as it all sounds like platitudes when you're in a position like this, but just know we've got you if you need us.

Very sorry to hear this...

It's tough letting go, but it may be best for her if she's suffering. .. It's her life and her choice....

My mom was suffering before she passed and didn't want to keep going. It was a blessing for her to go... I was sad to see her go, but relieved that she wasn't suffering anymore... She wasn't happy with her quality of life at the end... I don't blame her, if I was that bad, I would want to go also...

You have to be strong and take care of your kids. Those are her wishes and it's what she wants you to do...

Tell her your goodbyes before she leaves so there are no regrets... That's the best comfort that you can do for her at this time...

Could not agree more. If life is nothing but unbearable pain perhaps it is best if Dee passes. Tom, put yourself in her place. You see how much pain and suffering she is enduring. I assume the your loving bride knows she is terminal, correct?

I am so sorry...

Prayers sent! Going through brain cancer with my Father-in-law. I fel your pain and sorrow my friend.

I am going through a hard time myself...But its nothing compared to what your going through. I am so sorry brother. Nothing is worse then a Sad heart life is to cruel to handle sometimes....you get nothing but my love and support Bud. Hang in there.

Tom, I'm praying for you, Dee, and your daughters to feel God's grace and power.

Prayers for Dee, for you and your family...

Say/ask anything/everything you want to while you can.
Hold her if you can't think of anything to say.
Hang in there...

My prayers are also with you and Dee, Tom!! May God lay His hand upon her and comfort her during this time, and offer peace and comfort to you as you share with her your undying love! She is lucky to have you by her side!!! Take care my friend, we're here when you need us!! Geof

My prayers are also with you and Dee, Tom!! May God lay His hand upon her and comfort her during this time, and offer peace and comfort to you as you share with her your undying love! She is lucky to have you by her side!!! Take care my friend, we're here when you need us!! Geof

X2...... well said..

there is nothing wrong with us grown men showing emotion. you let your wife know how you feel.

Many of us will have to make the decision, sorry it is near for you and your family

She is ready, keep her as comfortable as possible, let her go in peace, tell her it is ok and you will see her in the future

Life it hard and to loose a love one is terrible, but you must take care of yourself, think of her and do what must be done.

Pray she can have some quality time with loved ones while she can

Stay strong

Prayers from Sue and I , Tom, for you and your Family. May God hold all of you Gently in his Graceful right hand.

Are we ever truly ready to let go of someone we love? We do what is right because it is right. Rest your heart and remember the good.

Tom.

There for you in this tough time. You know you can call us anytime day or night. Be strong for Dee and the girls, but if the emotions overcome you, best to just let the tears flow. GOD's way of cleansing our soul. All Virginia's and my prayers to your family.

Tom

-
Back