RIP Gary Rossington (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

-
Lynyrd Skynyrd was the one of the best. They were like brothers.

Yup. He was the last one. May he rest in peace.

I saw Skynyrd for the first time at the Big E in Springfield Massachusetts just days after 9-11. A brilliant bright spot during such a terribly dark week. Thank you for that Mr. Rossington and Godspeed....

No way Man, .....damn..... I used to play guitar on the marble bench that Charlie Daniel's had made and put at Ronnie's, Steve and Cassies Tombs in Jacksonville Memory Gardens... I was up there one year on the anniversary of the plane crash I was 16, couple of limos came up Gary rolled the window down and gave me the thumbs up.... Was just listening to some of their music last night. GOD BLESS ALL ! Million Mile Reflections....

Above ain't a Brutal as 77 in England, when they blew the Rolling Stones off the stage, but it's Sweet and Soulful, or in Atlanta

I know that song is pretty much all Allen Larkin Collins, but the slide in the beginning is Bad. Curtis Lowe was actual person that Gary hung out with as a kid. I plastered a Music store for their old Tour Manager, Don.... i played with Mary Wilkerson, Mad Hatters sister, awesome girl

The only Rock band sticker on my work box…… been there 20+ years

FA1F896C-BB9F-4601-8436-8F7D976F40C4.jpeg

You will hear Sweet home Alabama, now and realize, Geez, everyone who played one this recording is now passed on. But for those 4 Beautiful minutes, they are alive. I am Grateful for the gifts muscians bring into the world.

You will hear Sweet home Alabama, now and realize, Geez, everyone who played one this recording is now passed on. But for those 4 Beautiful minutes, they are alive. I am Grateful for the gifts muscians bring into the world.
They will live on forever in their music. I'm Canadian, but Lynyrd Skynyrd's southern rock has always resonated deeply within me. From the first time I heard Simple Man, Tuesday's Gone, the 4 Walls of Raiford and the Ballad of Curtis Loew.

Stupid radio stations all they ever play is Sweet Home Alabama. They probably couldnt spell Skynyrd if you give them the "y's". They have soooo much more than that song.
Heres one
They will live on forever in their music. I'm Canadian, but Lynyrd Skynyrd's southern rock has always resonated deeply within me. From the first time I heard Simple Man, Tuesday's Gone, the 4 Walls of Raiford and the Ballad of Curtis Loew.

-
Back