RIP Gary Rossington (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

-
You will hear Sweet home Alabama, now and realize, Geez, everyone who played one this recording is now passed on. But for those 4 Beautiful minutes, they are alive. I am Grateful for the gifts muscians bring into the world.
I quit playing professionally years ago, but friend of mine has since passed on ( he slipped and fell in his house, hit the kitchen sink and cracked his head open... I was with him the entire week prior. His brother found him) dude was a good drummer, and could play some bass guitar too. Type of guy I can pull up to his house at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning with my loud *** Mopar or drag piped Harley, and he just throw open the front door and be like " what the hell are you doing out this late at night, come on in!" Anyway the point is he said if God gives you a gift you should share with people, my thing is though, I'm not going to play professionally again, unless it's for God! I don't care if it's southern rock or actually skull crushing brutal Metal, it's got to be for the right thing.....

Last edited:
Great pic I took from Skynyrd in 2020

20180811_215751.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back