Road America Vintage Race

-

fl 71

Reaction score
Crewed for these two cars this past weekend at Road America Vintage outing.
thumbnail_IMG_0868.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg

My brother raced SCCA in the late 50's. Ran Alfa's in H production. He propped my 10 year old *** up on the hill in Canada Corner at Elkhart Lake, gave me $2 for food and went racing.

Went back for the first time about 12 years ago... still got a thrill on that same hill.

My brother raced SCCA in the late 50's. Ran Alfa's in H production. He propped my 10 year old *** up on the hill in Canada Corner at Elkhart Lake, gave me $2 for food and went racing.

Went back for the first time about 12 years ago... still got a thrill on that same hill.
I have been going to Road Am. for over 30 years several times a year. Even now when I come down the hill and see the main gate it puts a smile on my face.
In the past several years they have added quite a few paved trails around the entire track for better visibility. My favorite is from the kink to Canada Corner. This is what I raced up there till recently.
thumbnail_IMG_0189.jpg

What's the story behind the open wheeler in the last photo?
Its a 1985 Ralt RT4 Formula Atlantic. Has Cosworth 4 cylinder with a Hewland 6 speed box. Car weighs 1200 lbs and is 185 hp.

That’s crazy power to weight ratio. What a blast that’s got to be.

That’s crazy power to weight ratio. What a blast that’s got to be.
It is! Its a tunnel car so basically the faster you go the better the grip till you get to THAT POINT and then **** happens really fast.
Can say I have not driven the car to its full potential. Road America is my home track, 4 miles 14 turns best time is 2 min. 17 sec.

-
Back