Rock band QUEEN movie coming soon...

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Arguably one of the best rock bands of the 70s, this movie was a long time in development. The actor that played BORAT was a likely lead actor to play Freddie Mercury but they went with another guy for some reason...

We are the champions my friend and we'll keep on fighting...........................
Yes sir, one of the best bands of the 70's and early 80's

One of the best bands of all time, IMO. I think every one of them were musical geniuses.

Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat) left the movie in 2013 due to "creative differences" with the remaining members of Queen. Brian May later called him "an arse", so apparently they couldn't get along.

A youtube video of Howard Stern interviewing SBC had SBC saying that the initial script had Mercury dying in the middle of the movie with the second half telling of how the band struggled to keep going afterwards.
That is a dumb *** idea. Who knows the names of anyone else in the band besides Mercury? He was THE frontman! You don't kill off the lead actor in a movie half the way through.

A youtube video of Howard Stern interviewing SBC had SBC saying that the initial script had Mercury dying in the middle of the movie with the second half telling of how the band struggled to keep going afterwards.
That is a dumb *** idea. Who knows the names of anyone else in the band besides Mercury? He was THE frontman! You don't kill off the lead actor in a movie half the way through.
Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon... But that's just me.

Freddie Mercury was one of the all time greats!

The rest of the band was equally as awesome. I hope the movie does them all justice.

didn't he die from an Anal Incoming Death Sentence?
(aids)
No, he died from a horrible disease that can affect anyone regardless of sexual preference.

Your comment is profoundly insensitive....and ignorant.

Last edited:
No, he died from a horrible disease that can affect anyone regardless of sexual preference.

Your comment is profoundly insensitive....and ignorant.
ignorance is oblivious to the facts , of which I'm not. you have your opinion, I have mine.
in the spirit of sensitivity for all the crayon lovers , I kept it nice

I think their first album (red cover) was their best one.
The one I had was gold print and later ones had white print, I think.
Despite Brian May's profound abilities, to me they seem to have been a novelty act.
Knowing what know know, I would not spend the money again.
Glitter/glam rock was big. It was marketing to an audience.
Mott was more my taste.
Saw Mott.
IIRC Ian Hunter talked about having to punch someone in the bathroom to get them to leave him alone.
Ian Hunter: Reflections of a Rock Star by Ian Hunter
Never saw Queen.
If I never hear Bohemian Rhapsody again, it will be too soon.
Maybe the selection of Borat would be fitting.

Bohemian Rhapsody best song ever. My Wife absolutely hates it and will leave the room.

and here i was thinking he died from "receiving in himself the recompence of his error which was meet" (Romans 1:27)

We all will die from something.
Does it really matter what we die from. It's more how we live our lives.
And the legacy we leave behind.
For me it will be his music.!

We all will die from something.
Does it really matter what we die from. It's more how we live our lives.
And the legacy we leave behind.
For me it will be his music.!

yes, but how we live our lives may very well determine when/how we die
take smoking for instance, you may derive pleasure from it, but it will kill you, and rob your loved ones of decades with you

as for his legacy, i seem to remember him saying his music is like a "bic" pen
you use it and when your done with it, you throw it out

he may be famous, but i dont think he left what i would call a legacy
(but that is more of a religious, philosophical debate then i think we want to enter into here)

yes, but how we live our lives may very well determine when/how we die
take smoking for instance, you may derive pleasure from it, but it will kill you, and rob your loved ones of decades with you.

:thankyou:
True our life choices MAY determine how or when we die.
Smoking , drinking, heck deciding to do something stupid like speeding in your car on an ice covered road.

We all make our choices how to live our lives. I may not understand the road some have taken, and BOY there is an incredibly long line of folks stranding in line to judge mine.
Point is. I'm here to enjoy mine and I make no excuses or apologies also no regrets . I don't judge others, just try to understand them and get along.

I think their first album (red cover) was their best one.
The one I had was gold print and later ones had white print, I think.
Despite Brian May's profound abilities, to me they seem to have been a novelty act.
Knowing what know know, I would not spend the money again.
Glitter/glam rock was big. It was marketing to an audience.
Mott was more my taste.
Saw Mott.
IIRC Ian Hunter talked about having to punch someone in the bathroom to get them to leave him alone.
Ian Hunter: Reflections of a Rock Star by Ian Hunter
Never saw Queen.
If I never hear Bohemian Rhapsody again, it will be too soon.
Maybe the selection of Borat would be fitting.

My Wife agrees with you. She calls it the most irritating song ever.

he probably died of Pneumonia which was deadly without a working immune system.

Who the F cares how he died or what he died from. It doesn't change the FACT, Queen and Freddie will still be one of the greatest bands of the 70's and early 80's. Those of you who dislike Queen or dwell on what Mercury died from, can take a hike and move along.

Arguably one of the best rock bands of the 70s, this movie was a long time in development. The actor that played BORAT was a likely lead actor to play Freddie Mercury but they went with another guy for some reason...

2 kewl , Like Sammy hagar he new what he wanted and went out and got it and Rocked us all. Rock on Freddy what a legisy

-
Back