Rocker arm kit measurements...

-

19DUSTER73

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Has anyone else had any problems getting the top of the rocker shaft to the valve tip measurement for a B3 correction kit? I get something a little different everytime. Is there a fool proof way to get a solid measurement? Had a long day and starting to wonder if my brain is just fried for the day lol. Thanks for any input.

Did you have to relieve the hold down bolts in your rocker shafts to let them move instead of binding. I did.

I haven't made it that far yet. I'm still working on measurments to order a kit. I read back through the instructions this morning and realized I had missed something:BangHead:. I'll get it knocked out tonight.

I was a bit confused on that one too, using the square, right? Key is the setup the square so the blade is parallel to the valve stem when it is sitting on the edge of the valve cover rail. I was able to speak to Mike directly about it. He got back to me very quickly.

I was a bit confused on that one too, using the square, right? Key is the setup the square so the blade is parallel to the valve stem when it is sitting on the edge of the valve cover rail. I was able to speak to Mike directly about it. He got back to me very quickly.

Yes its the one using the square. I did figure out to set it on the valve cover rail. I was up at 3 am yesterday. My brain was mush lol. I read the instructions this morning and they made a little more sense. The valve tip to retainer measurment should be as simple as removing the rocker shaft and setting the square up the same way but resting on the valve tip correct?

-
Back