Rocker arm measurements

-
I have a working set of rockers for the slant six engine. This is just the pics for the proof of concept. I have a set on my engine right now going thru a trial by fire.

slantrocker1.jpg

slantrocker2.jpg

RAS has a set of slant six roller rockers available, but for me, they are cost prohibitive.

Sorry I have been Mia! I got your rockers boxed up with a few other goodies I will try to get it mailed out tomorrow. Here are the pics of the head you asked for also the intake that came off the engine.

20190310_091525.jpg

20190310_091546.jpg

20190310_091532.jpg

20190310_091554.jpg

20190310_091549.jpg

20190310_091622.jpg

20190310_091557.jpg

20190310_091632.jpg

20190310_091521.jpg

@dartfreak75 came through with a box slam full of slant stuff. Awesome guy. Thank you. SO, here are some pictures showing the two rockers. I've not made any measurements, but from the nekkid eye, they are dang close. So close in fact, that IMO, I could bore the buick rockers from 13/16 to 7/8 and they would drop in and run. They even take the same size adjusters as the slant six. Also, as an added benefit, they will oil better because the rocker bore is drilled from the bore into the adjuster hole. The Buick adjusters are hollow and the pushrod tip of the adjuster has a hole for pushrod oiling. Also there is a hole on top to direct oil to the valve stem end. I've already found a company that sells all types of oiling adjuster screws, so that's not a problem. only other thing to overcome is the width of the rocker arm bore. The Buick arms are narrower, but Hughes sells all types of rocker shaft spacers, so I think I can work that out. Rocker Arm Specialties has not answered my email yet. Might be something they just don't want to do, I don't know. I plan on calling them Wednesday. Here are the pictures. I think they will work. What do yall think? I think it's worth further investigation. Oh and that's the slant adjuster screwed into the Buick rocker.

ROCKER1.jpg

ROCKER2.jpg

ROCKER3.jpg

RRR would it be an option to turn the shaft down and run bushings in the mounts? that would leave more meat on the rocker. just a thought?

Rusty,
I see you are working to make the Buick rockers work. I was watching some youtube videos of inline 6 race cars in South America and then stumbled on a guy adjusting the valves/lash in a Volvo semi truck. The rockers are adjustable and got me thinking if they would work in a slant, just out of curiosity. I think I tracked them down to rockers used in an International engine DT466E. Check them out when you get a chance. I don't have any dimensions or stats on them.

-
Back