Rocker geometry pics-look good?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my rocker setup.
How does the setup look ?
Any issues I dont see ?
any advice for measuring for pushrods ? I will be calling Smith Bros on Monday and I really want to order the correct ones ( this time...lol)

.648 Solid roller
HS 1.6 rockers

20180826_111616.jpg
20180826_111656.jpg
20180826_111700.jpg
20180826_111713.jpg
20180826_111757.jpg

FWIW, there will be a .050-.060 length difference between the intake and exhaust pushrods.

I always order 12 of each so I have 4 spares. I don't order the pushrods all the same length.

The adjuster should be down 9/32 and it looks like you are just about dead nuts on that too.

FWIW, there will be a .050-.060 length difference between the intake and exhaust pushrods.

I always order 12 of each so I have 4 spares. I don't order the pushrods all the same length.

The adjuster should be down 9/32 and it looks like you are just about dead nuts on that too.
And how's that bellhousing coming along?

Hey Mike! Is that the sweep pattern?

Have you thought about cup adjusters rather than what you have now? Just wondering about your thoughts on it.

Who’s rocker stands? All HS material!

I would never use cups, I have seen them come out and destroy things,

My T&D's have cups and have been 7500 on my 434 with no issues.

Pushrods came out to 7.49 exhaust and 7.53 intake...
elaborate on not ordering them all the same ... you mean intake vs ex. ? or vary the length by .010 and mix and match ? I thought about variences between cylinders.

is there a bellhousing in the pic ?

All HS stuff... I got a deal on them because the Exhausts missed the anodizing process.

I would never use cups, I have seen them come out and destroy things,
Used VW 1600 air cooled lash caps ,on my Magnum/E.Q. setup ,time will tell.
Shift points 56-5800 ,110 closed, 320 open at max cam lift.

Pushrods came out to 7.49 exhaust and 7.53 intake...
elaborate on not ordering them all the same ... you mean intake vs ex. ? or vary the length by .010 and mix and match ? I thought about variences between cylinders.

is there a bellhousing in the pic ?

All HS stuff... I got a deal on them because the Exhausts missed the anodizing process.

I'd order 8 of each. The shorts for the exhaust and the longs for the intake. I always order spares.

To me, .040 length is enough to make me buy two different lengths

I'd order 8 of each. The shorts for the exhaust and the longs for the intake. I always order spares.

To me, .040 length is enough to make me buy two different lengths

that was my plan from the start. I wasnt sure if you were recomending ordering several different lengths for both intake and exhaust in case some cylinders have a small variance. (.010 ish)

I will take your advice and order 12 of each. Hopefully I never need them.
I plan on going with 5/16 hardened , Oil thru Ball and cup. Smith Bros catalog says they are good for up to 700# spring pressure. I am at #600 so they should work fine.

I will take your advice and order 12 of each. Hopefully I never need them.
I plan on going with 5/16 hardened , Oil thru Ball and cup. Smith Bros catalog says they are good for up to 700# spring pressure. I am at #600 so they should work fine.

Can you get a 3/8 .120 wall? You can't get a pushrod stiff enough. I run bigger pushrods than that on my SFT stuff.

I've never bought into the spring pressure idea to pick a pushrod. IMO, you stuff the biggest, heaviest pushrod in there you can fit.

I was running 3/8-7/16 double taper pushrods on my stuff, and it was on the edge of not being stiff enough at times.

Is Smith Brothers going out of business? LOL I can see buying one or two extra for the ultra paranoid but geez they do make more if you need them.

Can you get a 3/8 .120 wall? You can't get a pushrod stiff enough. I run bigger pushrods than that on my SFT stuff.

I've never bought into the spring pressure idea to pick a pushrod. IMO, you stuff the biggest, heaviest pushrod in there you can fit.

I was running 3/8-7/16 double taper pushrods on my stuff, and it was on the edge of not being stiff enough at times.

3/8 is pretty tight on W2s.
I tried some 3/8s Bigblock I have and I am not sure they will clear.

Get to a race and then...be prepared.
Being prepared, that's what I thought the point of making sure all this geometry stuff is correct? Having it all right before you go to the track? Anyways that's the way I do it. If after all this work the crap falls apart screw it!

Being prepared, that's what I thought the point of making sure all this geometry stuff is correct? Having it all right before you go to the track? Anyways that's the way I do it. If after all this work the crap falls apart screw it!

You never know what's going to happen. These things have wheels and you KNOW what they say about things with tits or wheels.

Eventually they are going to screw ya! Fact.

You never know what's going to happen. These things have wheels and you KNOW what they say about things with tits or wheels.

Eventually they are going to screw ya! Fact.
First and foremost go tell your wife you just said that... damn it?! LOL

-
Back