Rocker oiling or lack of .

-
I used w2 race heads for several years and they oiled thru the shaft......

Yes the early 810 casting did . The later "Race" versions with closed chamber did not have the feed holes drilled . Most likely because really serious racers were using T&D or Jessel rockers which oil thru the pushrod .

That is pure speculation on my part .

Yes the early 810 casting did . The later "Race" versions with closed chamber did not have the feed holes drilled . Most likely because really serious racers were using T&D or Jessel rockers which oil thru the pushrod .

That is pure speculation on my part .
...and most likely accurate.

The w2 heads that require the T&D rockers oil thru the pushrods.....all my sets are the older heads that oil thru the shaft.....

Well this morning I called HS to figure out my combo and what to do....so I will share and maybe help others. I have Trickflow heads and their recommendation was S72025K (1.5s) or S72026K (1.6s). These rockers with shafts provide all oiling needed to rockers through pushrod oiling method per HS. I am planning on plugging oil passages in LA block to heads and rely on pushrod oiling to rockers. I am running a hyd roller in LA motor with oil pumping lifters.

I converted the adjusters to cup style with a oil hole and band . The rockers have galleys feeding the bearings .

So, your rockers came from HS with the ball adjuster screw and the oil feed hole in the rocker body positioned to squirt oil into the pushrod cup.

Did you add another oil feed hole that connects the band in the cup style adjuster screw to the inside of the rocker?

So, your rockers came from HS with the ball adjuster screw and the oil feed hole in the rocker body positioned to squirt oil into the pushrod cup.

Did you add another oil feed hole that connects the band in the cup style adjuster screw to the inside of the rocker?

The rockers already have the feeds to the bearings. See Whatsup1962 post above . And yes they came with cup adjusters originally. HS sent me the oil though ball style later.

-
Back