rockt mtn dash/gauges

-

wracks71

Reaction score
since i have had this rocky mtn dash insert for about 4 yrs and the gauges around 3 yrs,i figured it was about time to install them! the install of my 5 spd. prompted this since i have to pull the column to put the pedals in,i figured i would do this and get my dash pad redone as well. so since i am this far,what do you guys think?

View attachment DSC02849.jpg

yea it sucks they quit making them. i need one for my '69 b-body! i guess the market is just not there like the GM crap. i got mine about 2 or 3 months before he stopped. damn thing was like $400! i am going to do some other things to the dashas well,so i will get some pics.

these would be incredibly easy to replicate in plastic or resin if anyone who already has one cast a mold of it.

the initial cost of the mold making material would be reasonable but not cheap but the could easily be made. The cost of a resin is a little much but ABS is pretty cheap. Now the legality of reproducing his part.....?????:read2:

I had to make my own. I moved the headlight switch and wiper switch under the dash. I also moved the heater controls to the ash tray panel to make a smooth dash. Working on the matching console right now.

Well, I can't figure out how to 'insert image'. It wants me to put in a web address. I can't copy and paste a picture from 'my pictures'? How do I attach a picture here?

Oh, picture size too large. Hang on...

still hangin on.............. hurry!! whoa i'm slipping ,got it... i'm ok...............................hello!!!!!!!!!! anybody there? i'm still hangin on!!!!!!!!!

these would be incredibly easy to replicate in plastic or resin

What kind of market is there for these? That dash is cool and I would like it better than my current dash, but it seems like most people want 'original' or at least looking like original. I have the technology, tools, and time to make this... but how many would I sell? 3 or 300? I suspect they don't sell (produce) them anymore because there wasn't a market?

What kind of market is there for these? That dash is cool and I would like it better than my current dash, but it seems like most people want 'original' or at least looking like original. I have the technology, tools, and time to make this... but how many would I sell? 3 or 300? I suspect they don't sell (produce) them anymore because there wasn't a market?

it't the same problem all the time. everybody says the price is too high

there is a huge market for them until people find out they cost more then $20

since i have had this rocky mtn dash insert for about 4 yrs and the gauges around 3 yrs,i figured it was about time to install them! the install of my 5 spd. prompted this since i have to pull the column to put the pedals in,i figured i would do this and get my dash pad redone as well. so since i am this far,what do you guys think?

View attachment 188165

looks good man...

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

One of these days, I'll get around to the interior... But the dash panel is nice. I should NOT have put the LED's in that spot that everybody puts them. I can't see the high beam indicator at all.

dirtbaginterior.jpg

oh, whatever you do , do not us a blue led for the high beam. holy crap that thing lights up the entire damn car and blinds ya. its bad. i have to put something over the damn thing one of these days until i buy a red one or something

Those gauge panels are awsome looking! But nobody made anything to fit a ralley dash. I would buy it for my 340 Demon if it was available. I've installed several Covan dashes in GM products, they work pretty well.

the light switch came with my AAW kit. the wiper switch is th estock switch with just a universal knob on it.

the led will be fine just not blue..lol. the green led's are perfect. its just the blue one that lights everything up...lol got the led's from jegs. they a 5/16 i think it was.

cool. we have a local place in knoxville i think i can get the lights from. i can't remember where to get the switches.
when you gonna come down and we'll run the dragon?!

-
Back