Rod strength?

-

DSMRossi

Reaction score
Im working a couple small kinks out of a new LA 360 build, but it’s otherwise running super healthy.

I’m considering buying a TQSTORM setup for it, but I’m concerned about my bottom end.

I’m running flat-top hyper pistons and ARP rod bolts; however, I reused the factory rods.

I did a search but couldn’t really find a hard number for what the torque capacity of the factory rods is?

I’m figuring the car will be in the 550 area once supercharged and dialed in properly

Those rods will take that and not even breathe hard. I would be more worried about those hyper pistons.

Im working a couple small kinks out of a new LA 360 build, but it’s otherwise running super healthy.

I’m considering buying a TQSTORM setup for it, but I’m concerned about my bottom end.

I’m running flat-top hyper pistons and ARP rod bolts; however, I reused the factory rods.

I did a search but couldn’t really find a hard number for what the torque capacity of the factory rods is?

I’m figuring the car will be in the 550 area once supercharged and dialed in properly

There is a thread a ways back about how much can a stock Magnum rod take horse power wise.........

How much HP can magnum rods take happily

Read this

My small block 383 had run two seasons of 10 lap heats and 25 lap features at 7,000 rpm's on a big, wide 1/2 mile dirt track without any issues (until it was run with cold, heavy, goey oil!)...... 575 HP when first built. You won't have any problems. Those old Mopar's had good steel in them.

-
Back