Roll Call: Spring Fling XXII Van Nuys Ca May 3&4, 2008 w/updates & pics

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
A little roll call for Spring Fling.

Who’s coming out to the Spring Fling XII Mopar show in Van Nuys, CA on May 3 & 4, 2008 ???!!!!

What car are you bringing? Could you post pic of your car so we know when we see it at the show?

Info: www.cpwclub.com/springfling.html

Flyers and registrations are onllne at: http://www.cpwclub.com/sf08flyer.pdf We will take pre registrations until Monday April 21st.

Spring Fling is a Show and Shine on Saturday and we offer judging on Sunday if you want. Any Mopar and all conditions welcome both days. We even have an In-Progress trophy class. The show is entirely held on a shaded tree adorned grass covered park. There’s a shaded picnic area with food court. BBQ’s ok too.

There are tons of A-bodies at Spring Fling. Bring your show queen, project, daily driver... It's a great oppurtunity to meet other FABO and A-body owners and do some valuable networking.

1st 500 show participants will receive a FREE 8” wall clock valued at $20 shown below and a magnetic show dash plaque:

sf08clock_artwork.jpg

FF07Swap_0043aDPanySm.JPG

IMG_0091aDPanySm.JPG

This year’s trophies will be elegant laser engraved solid Red Alder wood plaques. Last years trophies:
SF07Trophy.jpg

i have already sent a check and reg form. although my car has nothing in the engine bay right now, i plan on being there!!!

I'm in and joining the Seaside/coastal convoy in my '71 Tor-Red 'Cuda 340/4-spd (since the motor for the '69 Barracuda is not ready).

i have already sent a check and reg form. although my car has nothing in the engine bay right now, i plan on being there!!!

Hey, don't sweat the details. #-o

Get'er done !! :clock::clock:

Didn't look bad last year:

Copy of SF07Sat311.JPG

Please reply to this thread and confirm this list I have from other threads:

redfastback -68 red barracuda fastback
daves66valiant -Dave's 66 Valiant conv
GTXperiance -71 340 Cuda
MoparJ -73 Duster, 69 340-S fastback
socal_65dartgt -65 Dart GT
oldmoparsrule -white 66 Dart?
cyberbackpacker - white 75 Swinger and light blue 65 Barracuda
robertnb64 - green 69 Barracuda w/ 5.7 hemi and Alterkion

crackedback -?? selling parts??
Ray's 340 -flying in from Tampa Bay
lilcuda -driving down

The '68 Plymouth Valiant Raffle Car to benefit The California School for the Deaf, Riverside will be there. Come see the car, purchase a ticket, and meet some FABO members that volunteered thier time, money, and sweat for a great cause:
Carriesduster -Duster
OCDart -69 Dart
67gtx - yellow 71 Dart Swinger with bumble bee stripe with flames :thumleft:

Are these FABO's member coming and with those cars? :help:

I'll be there....at the Speed Festival too!

Look for a dark Green '64 Chrysler 300 2dr in the show area or an '06 Jeep Commander out in the parking lot....

My dad and i will be there, but not with the Duster as it isn't finished yet. I think what ill do is enter the show with my truck just for the fun of it. (and for the parking :-D )

its nothing special, an 05 dodge ram 1500 hemi pretty much stock except for the flowmaster exhaust, the k&n cold air intake, a superchip programmer, tinted windows all the way around, billet grill top and bottom, and a pretty loud stereo system.

100_0065-1.jpg

see you there :)

My dad and i will be there, but not with the Duster as it isn't finished yet. I think what ill do is enter the show with my truck just for the fun of it. (and for the parking :-D )

its nothing special, an 05 dodge ram 1500 hemi pretty much stock except for the flowmaster exhaust, the k&n cold air intake, a superchip programmer, tinted windows all the way around, billet grill top and bottom, and a pretty loud stereo system.

see you there :)

How not finished is the Duster? Does it run and drive? We do have an in progress class. Actually the cars are pretty cool. Looking at a car in primer but fully restored engine compartment or interior. And neat progress pics.

hello,
Yes, I will be there, but I will probably be in my Dads white 65 Belvedere II. We are working hard to get the motor in it...4.56 gears and a loose converter with a big block should be a fun drive up from Torrance. Hopefully we can find a trailer.

Thank You!

OldMoparsRule!

SPRING FLING XXII
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY
Spring Fling Speed Festival
  • 2nd annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway
  • 40+ Mopars on the track last year
  • Blueberry Pancake breakfast
  • Drivers mtg 7am
  • Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators
  • Awards Pres. 5pm
  • Dinner 6:00 pm

FRIDAY
Coastal Caravan Cruise Seaside, CA to Airtel 10 am
Malibu Driving Cruise: Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am
  • -Lunch overlooking beach
Mandatory Professional Manufactures ONLY Midway Setup

SATURDAY
Spring Fling XXII
  • Parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine 8am
  • Mopar Cruise-In 6pm

SUNDAY
Spring Fling XXII
  • Parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine plus Judging 8am
  • Manuf. Midway
  • Trophy Presentation 2pm

I will be attending on Sunday cruising the parts and cars I have school all day Saturday

How not finished is the Duster? Does it run and drive? We do have an in progress class. Actually the cars are pretty cool. Looking at a car in primer but fully restored engine compartment or interior. And neat progress pics.

I wish it drove, its on stands right now, we are waiting for my rocky mountain dash to arrive and the interior is in a box somewhere in the garage. It still needs gauges and we aren't quite finished with the painless wiring. I do have the engine compartment completed... :(

100_0026.jpg

I wish it drove, its on stands right now, we are waiting for my rocky mountain dash to arrive and the interior is in a box somewhere in the garage. It still needs gauges and we aren't quite finished with the painless wiring. I do have the engine compartment completed... :(

You're close. Very close. Have you fired it yet?

Please reply to this thread and confirm this list I have from other threads:

redfastback -68 red barracuda fastback
daves66valiant -Dave's 66 Valiant conv
GTXperiance -71 340 Cuda
MoparJ -73 Duster, 69 340-S fastback
socal_65dartgt -65 Dart GT
oldmoparsrule -white 66 Dart?
cyberbackpacker - white 75 Swinger and light blue 65 Barracuda
robertnb64 - green 69 Barracuda w/ 5.7 hemi and Alterkion

Steve - I'll be there helping out for both Saturday and Sunday. I would like to take it to the Willow Springs, but I have a minor 727 front trans leak (might be a front pump seal) that probably wont be fixed in time. May try to make the Friday Cruise to Malibu.

I plan on finally bringing my Dart to this weekend's CPW meeting also.

Doug

You're close. Very close. Have you fired it yet?

Sadly no, not yet. We are at a standstill on where to mount my ignition box as well. We don't know whether to mount it on the fender well or under my dash???

I'm planning to be there. Right now the fish is not swimming, though -- it's on jackstands with no front suspension. I thought I had plenty of time to get 'er done, but things keep coming up. Anyone have a good, solid, clean 68-72 K-frame they would part with? The one I had turned out to be too far gone, and I really didn't want to put the 67 back in.

Yep I'll be there with the 66 Valiant Convertible. It will be in the In Progress section this year. Fall Fling it will be complete.

Steve,

You know I wil be there.

I will be rolling in for both days, with my 73 Orange Duster (with new door panels, carb, and exhaust, bigger rear) and the long term project, but in great cruising shape 69 Cuda Formula S with incorrect taillights (lol).

Hopefully, the 66 Charger will be up and running for the Fall Fling. Trans goes in this week. I will probably leave the Sublime Charger Daytona at home, as I dont have enough money to enter 3 cars this year.

I will be present for the Malibu cruise on Friday, with both cars. Dont mind leading the way again, if needed. I may roll into Flames after the Malibu cruise on Friday night and will definately be there for the big cruise in Saturday.

Too many bills the next two weeks, so I will probably pay $90 when I first arrive on Saturday morning.

Cant hardly wait, as usual. Any excuse to cruise the rides...

Looks like FABO member Yuri was there pre modifications and pre improvements.

I think it's always cools to "run whatcha brung" Then people can see that you have made progress and appreciate the efforts you put into the car.

SF07Sat010.JPG

I'll be there. Driving down Friday night with my friends. We'll be there both days. Hope to see some FABO members and their cars!

There's a lot of people and things get pretty busy at Spring Fling. It's madness at about 8:00 am in the morning. The swap meet starting to let in at 7:00am and we get the whole swap line of 200 swappers in by 7:45am or so. Some 50 more swapper straggle in before the 10am gate closing.

This picture was taken at 11:49am when things are sort of slowing down and people are eating lunch

SF07Sat292.JPG

Here's a few people eating lunch about 1 minute after the picture above was taken. Prices on food is pretty reasonable. Never had any real complaints about prices.

SF07Sat295.JPG

SF07Sat300.JPG

Spring Fling Coastal Caravan Cruise

Friday May 2, 2008

For all Spring Fling participants coming from the Central California all the way to British Columbia

Leave Seaside, CA at 10:00 am SHARP
Drive one of the most scenic highways with Super Bird's, Super Bee's, R/T's GTX's, 'Cudas....
Stop for food and gas at the famous Madonna Inn. (138 mile distance)
South on 101 to Van Nuys. (173 mile distance)

Spring Fling Coastal Caravan Cruise Flyer: http://www.cpwclub.com/sf08coastalcruise.pdf

contact Kevin Warren at kevwar@dslextreme.com

SF08CoastalCaravan2.jpg
Hwy1BixbyCreekBridge.jpg

SF08CoastalCaravan3.jpg
Hwy1coast4.jpg
SF08CoastalCaravan1.jpg

Anyone need A-body sheet metal, grilles, trim, brake conversion...anyone, anyone, Bueller ?

SF07Sat213.JPG

SF07Sat216.JPG

-
Back