Roller Lifter options that use OEM alignment bar

-

cudajames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am preparing to start the build process on a '89 360 (4315830) this is a factory roller motor - has lifter hold down tray in the valley
Also uses the long snout cam with mechanical fuel pump eccentric - tons of cam options

I am having difficulty on roller lifters. Very few options with out the link bar, these would be the same lifters for the magnum (.904" ). I've found two flavors of Mopar Performance, (4 options)Rhoads and Crane. What is everybody else using? Am I over thinking and the Rhoads V-Max lifter would be fine. (BTW - I am not going to reuse unknown lifters on a fresh build)

The goal, is a performance motor with duration @50 in the .230+ range

IMG_7967.JPG

IMG_7968.JPG

3.JPG

I have used Crane with good luck and reused factory rollers as well. Some guys like Rhoads lifters, myself not so much.

I have a 5.9L from '95 dodge truck that was rebuilt into a stroked 408. It has a Hughes roller cam 240/242. The engine builder cleaned up the original roller lifters and installed with the original guides. It has run since 2008 with that setup. I drag race it with shift at 6000 rpm and rev limit set at 6500. It has never been apart and never had problem. I probably should refresh sometime but it runs so good. Don't really want to touch it yet. The mopar original roller lifter assembly is pretty good for mild cam.

Hay toolmanmike you are spot on! I forgot about Sealed Power. I see they have Engine Tech. I have used their stuff too and it is name brand parts just in a white box. Good call.

-
Back