rolling tire rack

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
I had made this for my wife for the Christmas decorations. Figured she could roll it to the bottom of the stairs and wouldn't have so far to carry everything. (yes,I COULD help but don't like decorating). She hasn't used it yet so I reclaimed it for the seasonal daily driver tires. If I'm really smart, I'll put the snow brushes and shovel on the top shelf; maybe the sandbags will go on it also but that would reduce it's rollability...garage floor is not smooth. The shelf pieces are from Menards and the wheels are from a Harbor Freight furniture dolly.

S1051091.JPG

S1051092.JPG

HF dollies are a great source for cheap casters, but for a heavy load and/or a rough surface, I'd recommend a larger wheel diameter.

did you make that from warehouse shelving?

That stuff's not cheap.

the shelving is from Menards. picked it up when they had the 11% off.
yes, larger diameter wheels would be nice but this was first put together for use in the basement.

why not just buy a few spare 8 3/4 rear ends?
cut em down to 18 inches across and jut bolt the spare wheels right to it
it will roll an anything, and you can use it to store spare center sections

:poke:

don't need to cut them down, if you were to have two the same, stand them upright and put a shelf across the top. make sure to over inflate the tires. only kidding.

don't need to cut them down, if you were to have two the same, stand them upright and put a shelf across the top. make sure to over inflate the tires. only kidding.

put some N50s on there, they are always overinflated

-
Back