Roof Rail Weatherstrip 66 Dart Hardtop?

-

coalman

Reaction score
The weatherstrip in my car is in good shape, still leaks water when washing it. What are the best ways to fix this? I think you can adjust the door glass or the weatherstrip itself, is this correct? Thanks a bunch....

I'm far from an expert on this subject, but I would recommend checking to determine exactly where the leak is coming from. Once determined, and assuming you are correct that all the weatherstripping is in excellent condition, adjusting either the door or quarter window glass should tighten the glass to weatherstrip seal. Instructions are in the FSM.

Im working on mine now and the actual chrome piece that holds the trim in place has some adjustment in the slots that hold it to the car. As for adjusting the window to be tighter I am struggling to see enough adjustments in the window frame. Where can I find the FSM? I would like to read how they say to do this.
Thanks
Rod

Im working on mine now and the actual chrome piece that holds the trim in place has some adjustment in the slots that hold it to the car. As for adjusting the window to be tighter I am struggling to see enough adjustments in the window frame. Where can I find the FSM? I would like to read how they say to do this.
Thanks
Rod
They are available on eBay, that's where I got mine. I also bought a '66 FSM. It is much more thorough in describing how to adjust the windows and replace the trim.

I removed my windows and regulator for paint and recently replaced them. There is a lot of room for adjustment in the windows, especially the door glass.

-
Back