Rookie nitrous questions ?

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found out that Modman makes a dual quad intake for 360 magnum. I currently am setting up a single quad nitrous plate system 75/100/150 hp. If I get the dual quad set up can I run both plates in series vs two separate setups? I plan on 100 hp jets for both ??

Found out that Modman makes a dual quad intake for 360 magnum. I currently am setting up a single quad nitrous plate system 75/100/150 hp. If I get the dual quad set up can I run both plates in series vs two separate setups? I plan on 100 hp jets for both ??
I think the thread Is nitrous A1A on the race part of the forum, but I went all through this..

Went there no joy. This is not a sophisticated question surely someone here knows.
The biggest question I have is that will the solenoids flow enough volume for two plates??

Went there no joy. This is not a sophisticated question surely someone here knows.
The biggest question I have is that will the solenoids flow enough volume for two plates??
It depends on the solenoids..
Even the solenoids I have flow enough for a 250 shot... I'm using one solenoid to flow both carburetors but only have a 50 shot set up in each one... I've bench tested my stuff but I haven't shot it through the motor. I haven't had any time to get up to the track to give it a shot.. the car is already quite a bit to handle without it on the street and I'm not looking for my license to get taken away...
Think about it when you have it up to 930 lb of pressure and you have a 75 horsepower shot of nitrous on one side and a 75 on the other and a 250 shot orifice opening up to them they are likely to get equally sufficient pressure...

That’s what I needed to know.
I can’t see any damage in trying it with a larger fuel jet to balance out the nitrous If it’s too rich I will jet down. No joy on that I will buy two more solenoids for the additional plate (which I already have) also have an additional high pressure nitrous hose . I priced solenoids at $60 each and that’s a hell of a lot cheaper than A $450 new plate setup!
Thank you very much !
Whoops almost forgot about the nitrous controller which will adjust the flow at any given rpm !!

Last edited:
That’s what I needed to know.
I can’t see any damage in trying it with a larger fuel jet to balance out the nitrous If it’s too rich I will jet down. No joy on that I will buy two more solenoids for the additional plate (which I already have) also have an additional high pressure nitrous hose . I priced solenoids at $60 each and that’s a hell of a lot cheaper than A $450 new plate setup!
Thank you very much !
Whoops almost forgot about the nitrous controller which will adjust the flow at any given rpm !!
One thing you want to do is test your fuel pressure while the fuel side is open not when it's closed. and probably one of the easiest cheapest safety devices is a fuel low pressure switch where it has to be up to at least 5 lb to activate..

nos-02462-sjsnos_xl.jpg

A nice starter kit.
LOL.. about 20% of what you need...
Even a "complete" kit as advised is generally about 65-70% of what's needed for a complete "safe" kit...
It's NOT just throw a bottle in the trunk as some would have you think....

One thing you want to do is test your fuel pressure while the fuel side is open not when it's closed. and probably one of the easiest cheapest safety devices is a fuel low pressure switch where it has to be up to at least 5 lb to activate..
Agreed I’ve been reading up on safety items for nhra bracket racing and to have a gauge in the cab I will have to use special line. I’m will definitely use a pressure switch as well as a dedicated fuel pump for nitrous. Also a MSD 8680 for dash controlled timing retard. Timing , throttle activation switch etc.

Agreed I’ve been reading up on safety items for nhra bracket racing and to have a gauge in the cab I will have to use special line. I’m will definitely use a pressure switch as well as a dedicated fuel pump for nitrous. Also a MSD 8680 for dash controlled timing retard. Timing , throttle activation switch etc.
I just put my fuel gauge up next to my carburetors which are popping through the hood so the fuel gauges outside..

-
Back