Rough Times

-

66MOPAR77

Reaction score
Hello everyone I haven’t been on here in a wile or have posted anything in a long time and I haven’t been on Facebook and kept in touch with any of my friends from here.
To make a long story short well not really. I had to sell my 66 Valiant which was hard to do with all the work I had done. I’m a volunteer firefighter and we was burning a house for training on the 21st of July when I had a massive heart attack lost my life twice and was able to be brought back and because of very low heart function had to wear a external defibrillator for 4 month and haven’t been able to work and just have been released for light duty but due to the extent of the heart attack I’m still weak and get tired easily. I still have some parts I would like to get rid of some new sheet metal parts and a complete drive train 360,904 and 8.75 rear and some other things. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm. Hope everyone is doing ok
Sean

Sorry to hear about the "rough times". Did you have to get heart surgery?? What are you doing to fix your heart problems??

Sorry to hear about the "rough times". Did you have to get heart surgery?? What are you doing to fix your heart problems??
I was lucky and didn’t have to have open heart surgery. Dr said that my body formed too many platelets and my blood thickened from the high heat conditions and caused a clot which he was able to remove and install a stint

I was lucky and didn’t have to have open heart surgery. Dr said that my body formed too many platelets and my blood thickened from the high heat conditions and caused a clot which he was able to remove and install a stint
That kind of doesn't make any sense?? When you have a clot they usually give you blood thinners to dissolve the clot. They only use a stint when you have artery blockage from heart disease? Of course, I'm no expert, but I also had a heart attack and was wondering if you changed your lifestyle to help things along?? Just trying to help.

That kind of doesn't make any sense?? When you have a clot they usually give you blood thinners to dissolve the clot. They only use a stint when you have artery blockage from heart disease? Of course, I'm no expert, but I also had a heart attack and was wondering if you changed your lifestyle to help things along?? Just trying to help.
They had me on high doses of blood thinners to dissolve it for 3 days in the hospital
Oh yes complete life style change. No salt, no red meat, lots of fish and chicken and lots of vegetables, no caffeine due to heart rather, no sugar “my choice” and I walk 3+ miles on the treadmill 4 days a week. I was 198 pounds when I had the heat attack and I’m now 170.. I was a fairly fit person worked 60 plus hours a week always had my yearly physical and never had high bp or chlorestorl
But I have done a lot of research on Fire Fighets and Heart Attacks and that is the number one cause of there seth’s is heart attack do to thicken of the blood and the reason why is your body uses that as a way too cool your body down

They had me on high doses of blood thinners to dissolve it for 3 days in the hospital
Oh yes complete life style change. No salt, no red meat, lots of fish and chicken and lots of vegetables, no caffeine due to heart rather, no sugar “my choice” and I walk 3+ miles on the treadmill 4 days a week. I was 198 pounds when I had the heat attack and I’m now 170.. I was a fairly fit person worked 60 plus hours a week always had my yearly physical and never had high bp or chlorestorl
But I have done a lot of research on Fire Fighets and Heart Attacks and that is the number one cause of there seth’s is heart attack do to thicken of the blood and the reason why is your body uses that as a way too cool your body down
I’m also on blood thinners now for the rest of my life

Holy Crap! I'm glad your OK and still kicking! Cars and parts are unimportant in the big scheme of life. Be well and Godspeed with your recovery man.

Pat

Last edited:
Health trumps cars for sure. Sorry for your troubles, just unfortunate.

Glad to hear your doing good or doing period.
Hopefully you will get those parts sold quick and enjoy some of the cake you'll get from selling them.

I was also very fit, slender, ran 5 miles everyday, cholesterol was within limits but I still had three small diagonal arteries 90, 75 and 75 percent blocked. You seem to be doing the right things....no sugar (causes inflammation in the arteries), walking brings down cholesterol and increases the heart's ability to function properly, no salt lowers blood pressure (high blood pressures creates issues within the arteries), lots of veggies decreases the bad cholesterol in the blood. I started eating Tumeric, Garlic, Cayenne pepper, black pepper and Ginger every morning with my breakfast. I have been able to cut back on all the medications that the Dr gave me. Many of those medications cause side effects. Garlic thins the blood naturally with no side effects (that I know of). Tumeric also helps with blood pressure, Cayenne pepper and black pepper help with inflammation in the arteries.
As it turns out....it doesn't matter how hard or how long you work each day....what matters is how much you exercise and what you eat. I used to work 100 hrs a week and it didn't help me one bit!!

PS - What was the stint for???? Treblig

Dang Sean! I thought about you the other day, and wondered how you were doing. I had no idea you had been thru all this. Do you still live up in SW P L? I have to come over your way next week, if you need a hand with anything. Hang in there and get better!

Dang Sean! I thought about you the other day, and wondered how you were doing. I had no idea you had been thru all this. Do you still live up in SW P L? I have to come over your way next week, if you need a hand with anything. Hang in there and get better!
Hey there ol buddy. Yes I sure do send me a pm and I’ll shoot you my number and we can chat a bit

I can sure sympathize with you, as I just went through all of that myself, well not losing life, but down for the count just the same. 10 days in the monkey ward back in September, and I'm still off work, may not be able to return to work.

I can sure sympathize with you, as I just went through all of that myself, well not losing life, but down for the count just the same. 10 days in the monkey ward back in September, and I'm still off work, may not be able to return to work.
That’s hard to do my friend when your use to working your bit off and you get the crap slapped out of you and can’t do anything I still get really tired and have to take naps which is good hahahah

I have to go get some blood drained next week. Mine is thick as a side effect of being on testosterone. They drained about a pint from me a month ago, but apparently it wasn't enough and I have to go do it again. Doc says it puts me at a higher risk for stroke and heart attacks, so gotta do it.
I was really freaked out the first time cause i'd never given that quantity of blood before. Just a few of those little tubes for tests, etc.
But I got a gal that was really good with the needle and I got through it surprisingly well.

-
Back