RPM for Rev limiter?

-

Alexhetti

Reaction score
I'll be installing an MSD 6AL box this weekend and want to know what rpm would be appropriate for my car. The engine is a 360 (mild cam), hooker headers, Edelbrock 600 cfm carb, 904 trans, and 3.55 gears. Don't know many specs about what's in the engine because the previous owner didn't know and I haven't got to the point where I'd need to take it apart.

Mild cam, mild carb, moderate gear in the back. I doubt it makes much power past six grand, so thats where i would set the limiter. And i would probably shift somewhere between 5500-5800.

I had a mild cam in mine, like the 340 cam, and revved it to 7200. I set the rev limiter a lil higher. So.....................
You will have to determine your powerband and shift-rpm the old fashioned way by time trials.

All motors are different, so asking around won't help !

Download a G- meter app that uses the accelerometer chip, not GPS.

Secure the phone near the tach, when you boot it in any gear, watch for the g-meter to drop, when it does, you just missed your shift point.
Don't be surprised if it's different in each gear
Shift point is just before g-meter drop .

Mild cam, mild carb, moderate gear in the back. I doubt it makes much power past six grand, so thats where i would set the limiter. And i would probably shift somewhere between 5500-5800.
That sounds good! I’ll try those numbers out and see how it responds. Thank you

-
Back