RT magnum head question

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I always said after running my fingers through a set of magnum heads I wouldn’t mind playing with a set. Well I found out today the set I fingered were magnum RT heads from a Mopar crate engine. Pretty nice mid lift numbers. Are these heads discontinued and were they ever offered for sale. What are the major differences.

These heads have been discontinued for a long time. One of our NC members said he knew of a few hanging around. Perhaps? @replicaracer43 knows where some Magnum R/T heads are. I’d love a set myself.

These heads have been discontinued for a long time. One of our NC members said he knew of a few hanging around. Perhaps? @replicaracer43 knows where some Magnum R/T heads are. I’d love a set myself.
For some reason, it seems I hear they are much heavier than a normal magnum head. I could be wrong....... :realcrazy:

I've always wondered if the Aussie EQ heads were the same casting. That maybe Mopar sold them the molds and they got rid of the "R/T" on the casting, changed the end of the cylinder head and called it their own. Or that EQ just flat copied the ports.

I've got a small valve set on the motor in my Duster. Got a lucky deal on them a bunch of years ago. I'm going to have to make a decision on whether or not I keep them once I do my G3 swap.

52 lbs for a head

Different castings than the OEM

Thanks I saved that to read later. His sons duster runs 6.70’s with his 408 and those heads my buddy ported deep staging.
I’ve read where just regular heads with bowl porting on a stock short block got upwards of 400 hp. I put one together copying the 380 crate engine with M1 intake and Mopar top end kit (rockers, springs, pushrods, guide plates) ported the heads with the Mopar templates, 17 years ago, still on engine stand, lol someday

I’ve read where just regular heads with bowl porting on a stock short block got upwards of 400 hp. I put one together copying the 380 crate engine with M1 intake and Mopar top end kit (rockers, springs, pushrods, guide plates) ported the heads with the Mopar templates, 17 years ago, still on engine stand, lol someday
Still got those templates?

Can we get a clarification whether R/T Magnums we're on the 380 hp crate motor. I wasn't aware of their use on that application.
Can someone weigh in ?

I thought the RT head was over the counter only. Could be wrong, did see a 380 engine but it had the regular heads if I’m not mistaken.

The R/T was over the counter head and appeared on some crate engine variants. Off hand I don’t remember the 360/380 getting those heads but perhaps the upgraded late units had them. I’d have to look in the old catalog to see which one(s) got the R/T head. I’ll look when I get home.

-
Back