Runner Up Again

-

jbharris

Reaction score
Well, last weekend was fun. Friday we tried to race the Mopar Race at South Mountain. Ended up getting rained out. That wasn't a bad thing since my alternator was dead and we were only running on the battery. Saturday we walked Carlisle. I picked up a couple items and stopped at Autozone for a new alternator. Sunday back to the Mountain new alternator installed. Had one of the oddest days at the track. Had to re-run first round due to a photographers flash messing up the timing system. That was good since I red lit 1st. The 2nd 1st round I was on point. 2nd I took out our clubs points leader. Handful of ok round later on to the final. My little Valiant was great and I even managed to put together a nice run. Broke out by .009. We'll win one eventually.

unnamed.jpg

Well, last weekend was fun. Friday we tried to race the Mopar Race at South Mountain. Ended up getting rained out. That wasn't a bad thing since my alternator was dead and we were only running on the battery. Saturday we walked Carlisle. I picked up a couple items and stopped at Autozone for a new alternator. Sunday back to the Mountain new alternator installed. Had one of the oddest days at the track. Had to re-run first round due to a photographers flash messing up the timing system. That was good since I red lit 1st. The 2nd 1st round I was on point. 2nd I took out our clubs points leader. Handful of ok round later on to the final. My little Valiant was great and I even managed to put together a nice run. Broke out by .009. We'll win one eventually.

View attachment 1715766028

Really cool man! I always looked at breaking out as a win. Regardless, you're going faster. That's really what it's all about anyway.

Congrats to you! Getting that far is a great accomplishment.
Congrats... Had good time shots Friday , double entered two classes until it rained , I considered staying over until Sunday and going back for more but went home instead

Congrats... Had good time shots Friday , double entered two classes until it rained , I considered staying over until Sunday and going back for more but went home instead

The nice part about rain out on Friday was not having to pay to race on Sunday.

Good job! What’s the combo, what does it run?Like those Valiants!

Its a basic 340/904 setup. Runs 11.90-12.30's in the 1/4. In the heat that day we were running 7.70-7.80's. I try not to beat on it too hard in the heat.

Yes.. they just announced an index race there Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend I can use my rain checks then since I am going to attend.

-
Back