Running pipe. Need help.

-

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
Hello. Do any of you have ideas on the measurements or degree of angle to run pipe (2 1/2") from the headers back to just before the axle on a 74 Duster. Motors a 340? It looks like I'm going g to need a bend or 2 the get around the cross member. And the existing pipes have a short angle right before the mufflers. Is that needed? I bought pipe and am going to have a shop.bend to my specs. Any tips or tricks? Thank You! I'm needing to drive this bad. Long story ..

Hello. Do any of you have ideas on the measurements or degree of angle to run pipe (2 1/2") from the headers back to just before the axle on a 74 Duster. Motors a 340? It looks like I'm going g to need a bend or 2 the get around the cross member. And the existing pipes have a short angle right before the mufflers. Is that needed? I bought pipe and am going to have a shop.bend to my specs. Any tips or tricks? Thank You! I'm needing to drive this bad. Long story ..

Had to do the same thing w/ my tti headers and full 3 1/2'' exhaust , I pie cut the pipes and mig welded them to clear ------
You might want to make a mock up to take to the muffler shop

a good dedicated exhaust shop(not a cut and replace MIDIAS) shouldn't have a problem

Can you cobble just enough together to drive it to the exhaust shop? Then they can remove it and build it right.

That was my plan after my recent Magnum swap but I'm happy with how my cobble turned out!! I just need to add one more hanger on each side.

Can you cobble just enough together to drive it to the exhaust shop? Then they can remove it and build it right.

That was my plan after my recent Magnum swap but I'm happy with how my cobble turned out!! I just need to add one more hanger on each side.
header mount cherry bombs:icon_fU:
50230flt.jpg

they will get you there and cheap too

Another old trick is using a stiff wire like a coat hanger straightened out.... mocking the center of the future pipe bend it to shape and bring that to the shop telling them this is the center of the pipe bends. A good exhaust shop can work with that. Also- bringing them the car and having them make the pipes on the car eliminates any in for seen issues. JMHO.

View attachment 1715536457
Beer, mig welder and prefabricated 180* U Bends. Pic is the up and over rear axle tail pipe.
Nice! The car has 2 inch or two and a quarter inch on it now with the pipes that go over the axle and out the back I've got a pair of Flowmasters I'm going to throw on it and I thought about keeping those smaller pipes and running them out the back from the two-and-a-half hand texted on the phone Masters or just use .the turn downs

Another old trick is using a stiff wire like a coat hanger straightened out.... mocking the center of the future pipe bend it to shape and bring that to the shop telling them this is the center of the pipe bends. A good exhaust shop can work with that. Also- bringing them the car and having them make the pipes on the car eliminates any in for seen issues. JMHO.
That is a killer idea when I did it on my satellite I took a framing square off the transmission crossmember and a tape measure

My ex wrecked my 66 satellite I sold that to a guy I told my 340 out bought this Duster dump some cash in that and I'm trying to get it finished up get it to an alignment shop so I can drive it home it's sitting at my old place right now

-
Back