Rust Bros on netflix

-

MoparMike1974

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
New series on netflix called rust bros. The head guy looks like Dee Snyder from Twisted Sister.The other guy looks like Ron Jeremy.
First episode they are working on a 70 swinger.
Seems to have a bunch of mopars in his junkyard.

Last edited:
A guy from B.C.
They crazy.
Looks like they get the job done, jus not quite sure how.
And after watching a few episodes,he does indeed have a bunch of mopars.

Just watched the first 2 episodes tonight. They are kind of a mess, but it entertained me. I'll watch more.

Ha that's what I thought. Dee Snyder and Ron Jeremy. I watched first two episodes last night also. I thought it was pretty good too. And yeah nice yard.

New series on netflix called rust bros.

I was watching last night as you were typing this post. Seemed like a lot of the same BS on other car shows. "We gotta get this car ready for the big swap meet in two days" Didn't show much work getting done, just lots of grab assing and laughing. The Dart that they took the hood off was a 340 4spd car. Why not build that one?

I'll check it out, but if it's at all like the modern "reality" shows that are all about drama and full of bad acting, then I'll sump it pretty quick. It's a shame because years ago they focused primarily on the technical aspects of how things were done. That's definitely not the case anymore.

I dont think its too bad compared to some of the others in the past. But yeah they all start out decent and go downhill from there.
It would be refreshing to see a reality show that is actually reality. It will never happen.

I dont think its too bad compared to some of the others in the past. But yeah they all start out decent and go downhill from there.
It would be refreshing to see a reality show that is actually reality. It will never happen.

The Roadkill-series and Hot Rod Garage shows on Motor Trend are my go-tos. Just a couple of cool guys building crazy vehicles, no drama, no B.S. just lots of dry garage humor and hands-on tech. And they don't make it look like a custom car can be built from the ground up in a week lol.

The Roadkill-series and Hot Rod Garage shows on Motor Trend are my go-tos.

I agree. I watched the new Hot Rod Garage last night and it was very enjoyable. Tony and Lucky show how they fab things and put them together. I tried watching the second episode of Rust Valley last night and in one scene they were tearing down a race car from the 70's and literally in the next scene they were selling it for $$$. They showed absolutely NO WORK being done on the car. More hi jinks than anything. Probably won't be watching the rest of series.

I just caught the first episode, with the Swinger, I liked that it showed them out scrounging in junkyards and you got some idea of the Canadian ways and humor but it is definitely entertainment not reality.

Ok so i thought could it really be Dee and Ron doppelgängers?

The answer is YES hahahahaha i couldnt stop giggling for like 5 minutes and was glad i was alone or people would think i was crazy.

Only watched it for the Swinger and I cant understand why he payed 20g for it right off. Seemed almost like a fake or a set up.

That said i enjoyed it but i homestly only watched it because it had a swinger in it.

Thanks for the heads up!

I’ve seen about 20 episodes. How they made it to TV idk. That Avery wrecks more **** than anybody I know. They never show who does the body work and paint. It seems like it’s wham bam thank u ma’am. Did u notice the swinger they fixed had a 71/72 rear bumper on it. He also got a rear seat from a dart sport for it, and we know those don’t interchange. I know that they would never get the chance to work on anything of mine. Kim

Last edited:
I’ve seen about 20 episodes. How they made it to TV idk. That Avery wrecks more **** than anybody I know. They never show who does the body work and paint. It seems like it’s wham bam thank u ma’am. Did u notice the swinger they fixed had a 71/72 rear bumper on it. He also got a rear seat from a dart sport for it, and we know those don’t interchange. I know that they would never get the chance to work on anything of mine. Kim
Its on direct tv here, but haven`t watched it .
Have any of u seen the ultra stupid advertisements for ''goblin works'' ?/ The commercial stopped me from ever wanting to watch it .

I tried it last night and didn't think much about it, it didn't show any work being done on that Dart at all, just the same crappy T.V., but I sure would like to get in that yard, I bet there are some goodies there.

Jeff

I've tried to watch this and the first thing that struck me was that, as mentioned earlier, Dee argues with Ron about what year that 71/72 Dart is......when it clearly said on the windshield 71 and had the rear bumper that confirmed it was NOT a 70. Then in another episode Dee is trying to raise money and sell parts from his yard and they find a 69 Camaro Steering column and Ron tells him, it's not even a tilt column so you won't get much for it. Dee then starts to argue with Ron that it's a 69 Camaro column and they didn't have tilt!!! SMH!!

Look I don't expect people/mechanics to be experts on all cars and about every aspect of those cars but they edit these shows and I mean it just makes them look stupid. My son likes the show and I'll try to watch it with him but I'd much rather watch Road Kill.

I thought it was ok. I wouldn't want them ever working on anything of mine because they seems to just do the minimum to fluff buff and get them out the door.

If u watch closely when their scanning the yard u will see some B bodies that need to be put inside and restored instead of wasting away outside in the grass. There is also some other interesting cars that should be saved. I shake my head in disgust. Kim

That 70 swinger 340 car could of been fixed. I’ve seen a lot worse than that fixed. I would like to go there and snoop around. Who knows there may be a real rare car hiding in the grass. Kim

I like that show. I will be watching all the episodes. As a backyard guy I can relate more to them than most of the high-end productions out there with the false crisis and drama and unlimited budgets.
At lease with these guys the crisis and drama are real and not staged. I wouldn't mind going up there if it is a real place.

-
Back