RUSTY 71 Charger 500 383 HP complete car. Anyone need parts???

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Here is a complete but very rusty 71 Charger 500. This car is a factory N coded 383 HP car with 727 trans and 8 3/4 rear. The car has bucket seats, 150mph ralley gauges, R/T tail lights, nice grilles, and lots of other good stuff. Prices are reasonable plus shipping and crate charges on big items. Pick up prefered on big stuff. I do have ways to get parts to Denver, Rapid City SD and a few other places for reasonable transportation costs.

stuff56145.jpg

stuff56149.jpg

stuff56146.jpg

stuff56154.jpg

stuff56152.jpg

stuff56144.jpg

How does $550 plus shipping sound for the whole bumper, tail lights, brackets, wiring, and everything that comes off pertaining to that area sound? It will probably cost $50-$60 to build a good crate that wont brake.

Feel free to make an offer though

No carb or air filter, but complete otherwise. I would like to sell it complete oilpan to intake, exhaust manifold to exhaust manifold. That includes a/c compressor, power steering pump, fan, everything. The car ran prior to being parked 20 years ago. The intake has been plugged and it has been covered. I would like $800 pulled and ready, but make me an offer. PM me your phone number and we can talk.

Hello; it looks like a very restorable Charger. Too bad you are parting it out. I would be interested in the taillight lenses and covers. Thanks Gregg (moparmen1963@aol.com)

Hello; it looks like a very restorable Charger. Too bad you are parting it out. I would be interested in the taillight lenses and covers. How much shipped to Lakeland, Fl. 33809. Thanks Gregg (moparmen1963@aol.com)

Ths car IS NOT a very restorable car. I wish people could just accept that some cars are just parts cars. The tail lights, grilles, bumpers, guages, and several other parts are sold pending payment.

Ths car IS NOT a very restorable car. I wish people could just accept that some cars are just parts cars. The tail lights, grilles, bumpers, guages, and several other parts are sold pending payment.
I wasn't trying to piss you off. It wasn't my intent at all. Perhaps where you are from your car is junk and I do mean YOUR CAR. It is yours to do with what ever you please. However where I am from, both previously in Massachusetts and Vermont and where I am now in central Florida people would give their right arm to have a car like that to restore. From the pics that you posted it appears and I do know that pics hide a lot that the car has decent front fenders and quarter panels that would need patch panels. Full real quarter repops have just become available for 71 and 72 Chargers. It appears in the pics that the inner fenders are in nice shape as well as the hood and both bumpers. Interior is shot and so is the glass. The floor pans are probably toast but those are available as well aftermarket. I am sure the cowl and the frame rails as well as the torsion bar torque boxes are nice too. In Vermont and Mass. these cars rust to the point where the torsion bar torque boxes rust and then the cars slams to the ground like a low rider. The rear frame rails rot out and the trunk floor to the point where the rear spring schackles come thru the trunk floor and rest on the lower edge of the trunk lid. I have seen where the front frame rails break from rust and it is the steering column that is holding the car together. I have not seen a car so bad that the steering column is holding it together being restored but I have seen both of the other examples were made into show cars. I currently have a 74 Charger Rallye that is from up north that is a one of one car that I intend on restoring. It appears to be in worse shape than what you are parting out. If it wasn't a one of one I wouldn't bother because I am not in love with this car even though I have owned it for close to 20 years and dragged it half way across the country. It is a Rallye, 318, 3 on the tree, no option bench seat car. It looks fast but isn't and isn't that great a driver because of how it is equipped. I would prefer a 74 Charger SE Brougham with buckets, console and a few creature comforts. My Charger is what it is and as rare as it is would be shameful to do anything other than restore it. Chrysler built some oddities and the odd ones need to survive. Gregg

I agree with mouse house, if the car is all there it can be done if you are willing to do the work. I know a guy that has cars in worse shape sitting in a lot and he fixes them up and sells them. Either way everything on this car is in great shape (bumper/ tail lights / etc.) as for the interior it looks ate up. lol.. Good luck with all of your sales. Who knows maybe someone will buy the entire car.

Probably some ownership/title issues haunt the car. Because not only is it restorable, its really pretty rare. Sad to see a rare one cut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back