Rusty Body

-

amcervantes

Reaction score
Ok ive been looking at all the body work the car is going to need. It needs the trunk pan replaced, both rear fenders need replaced, both rear rockers repaired rear deck between glass and trunk, and front passanger inner fender not to mention the rust under the vinyl top. My next question would be would it be better to find a good roller and swap everything over from my car or get all the panels done to this car. Just looking at my options.

Dude that sounds like a lot of panel repairs. Maybe you could find a straight solid body, swap over your good parts? Not sure of your capabilities, or how much time you can commit to that type of restoration, but think this through, get other opinions, and proceed with your dream car!

But be patient, I looked for about 18 months before I located my car.

Good luck with it,

Mark

With current prices, you're going to spend a lot more to fix all that (based on your description) than just finding a good car or roller to start with. If by Portsmouth, you mean VA, you're not too long of a drive from some nice solid Southern cars.

Yeah thats pretty much what I was thinking this bucket has alot of great parts just the body needs to much work. Im a mechanic and can do a little body just seems to me to be easier to swap everything into a good roller. And yes its Portsmouth VA

It sounds like you have a great parts car there.
When you find a good body to swap the parts to, you'll be golden.
Get a good body, whatever rust you can visibly see is about half of what the car really has.
Just my 2 cents.

Since its nothing special !
You got a decent parts car !
Now you just need to find your Project Car !
Good Luck ?

-
Back