RustyRatRod's Guide To Hot Rod Bliss

-
Ok, how bout a stock 68 340? All I did was put a 750 carb on it and advance the cam 4*. This should show that the program is probably pretty dang close.
1968 340.jpg

Yeah but this one I used the HP manifolds. Headers are comin next.

Ok, how bout a stock 68 340? All I did was put a 750 carb on it and advance the cam 4*. This should show that the program is probably pretty dang close. View attachment 1714998465
Car Craft did a 69 340 Dart stock resto car in '85.. Bob Lambeck did a dead stock parts , blueprinted 340 stock intake/exhaust manifolds it engine dynoed,315 horsepower,similar torque to your Desktop analysis,RRR....

after headers dial the carb in , then intake , dial the carb in , then cam it , and dial the carb in . need two carbs to swap with , lol .

HP to 350 and torque to 382 with large tube headers.

This is my whole point of doing these. To show you can have respectable street power without a lot of expense. So far, these are budget builds even including the ported heads.

Yeah but it's a hard sell because everything has to have 500 HP.
Well that's the latest craze and
Fodder to be read on the net.

My '00, 360 Mag motor is Just awaiting a cam.
I all ready added a 625 AVS, trap door air cleaner, rpm, 1-3/4 Hooker Super Comps Into a 2-1/2 exhaust, dyno max mufflers.
A Chrome Box fires.
727 & 3.55's. Not a house in fire but just a real nice road car with decent throttle response and power.

(I need a better distributor & a much better converter after I look at the trans and why she is slipping.)

This is my whole point of doing these. To show you can have respectable street power without a lot of expense. So far, these are budget builds even including the ported heads.
budget, what`s that !?! I gave up on that long ago . lol

Here is the 68 383HP engine. Road Runner cam and all. I think it's pretty dang close.
383HP.jpg

torque gains are very close 340 to 383 , 383 starts with more , but the gain between 2000 to 4000 . is close , just a few lbs off , the overall torque is better . is it worth the weight gain on the noise , i ran one in a 69 dart gt for years . great road car , realy liked the hills n mountain roads . never set any records but nothing passed it .

DCP01194.JPG

DSC03631.JPG

That's a cool program and this is a great thread. You should try out my engine specs on that programs and see if you get the same dyno results. Here's a link to my engine if your interested
340 dyno chart thoughts

That's a cool program and this is a great thread. You should try out my engine specs on that programs and see if you get the same dyno results. Here's a link to my engine if your interested
340 dyno chart thoughts

I'll be more than happy too. Post all your engine specs HERE all at once on ONE POST so I do not have to go digging through that whole thread and I will do it.

Probably a stupid question but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. RRR can you give me a part number on that 340HP cam? I'm just not sure if you talking about a Mopar camshaft offered at say summit or cam by a different company with the same grind. I've got a '71 340 with an unknown cam in it, I have no idea if it was degreed or not. I'm gonna pull this thing apart this winter and go through it and I think your info on basically a stock 340 is ideal. I will be running an air gap because that's what I have and it does have dougs headers on it with an auto trans that will be rebuilt as well. While I'm at it what Torque converter would you recommend for such a build. Hopefully I didn't overlook this info already posted in this thread if so I apologize. Great info on the builds on the desktop. Thanks for sharing.

No I cannot. You need to call Oregon Cam Grinders. Thanks to Karl (KrazyKuda), they now have that cam available. Their grind came out a minuscule amount different, but for all practical purposes, the cam they grind IS IT. Just ask them for the 68 340 grind. They will tell you all about it.

I'll be more than happy too. Post all your engine specs HERE all at once on ONE POST so I do not have to go digging through that whole thread and I will do it.

1969 340,bored .030 over, 10.5-1 compression, comp 280h-10 cam gross valve lift .480 duration @ .050 231, stock ignition system chrome box,600 cfm carb, ld4b intake port matched, full length doug headers 1 5/8 tube diameter, aluminium heads 2.02 intake valve 171cc port volume, 1.60 exhaust 77cc port volume. running on 91 octane

20161205_143601.jpg

20161206_063702.jpg

Ok,, that will take a little while to create a head flow file based on your flow sheet. I get off early tomorrow so I will see about it then.

-
Back