ryan johnson shady dell

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

426dart

Reaction score
let me start by saying ryan was a mopar elite. i have dealt with him for over 6 years and never had a problem...until now. in 2015 i sent him a brand new set of open chamber race w2 heads with a 1500.00 deposit to port and assemble them, no hurry.mistake #1.i then dropped off a brand new 340 resto block with a casting #p5007552ab to be prepped for the brand new f2 procharger serial # 23873. I was in no hurry and feb. 2, 2018 i sent him another 1000.00 to start ordering more parts. this past feb. i asked ryan to sell the procharger and he sent me 1500.00 towards him buying it.after not getting any more money from him, i contacted him around the middle of may saying i was going to come get everything.after not being able to get him for over 3 weeks, his father in law answered the phone saying ryan was in the hospital and not doing well. yesterday, 6-25 my buddy and me went down. all of my stuff was gone and told that there was a note ryan left that said not to refund me...7000.00 worth of parts and credit gone and i was told sorry. my buddy lost a brand new ritter block ryan just sent him a picture of. also gone was his x block, 1 new w5 head, his t&d rockers, comp pro lifters,head studs. other people were calling while we were there(5 1/2 hours) and their engines were in pieces on the floor,meanwhile ryan had just sent them both pictures of their engines finished on the dyno. we were told about 25 people in all are looking for parts or engines that are not there. no one knows where anything went and basically nothing to do about it. i am contacting the police and going from there.my number is 914-374-7015 if anyone gets any new info..shady dell is done and its a shame.

Whoa! Wait a second here.

Ryan is in the hospital?
Any reports as to why?
This is a huge problem for everyone. I understand the money issue. But I’d like to find out what’s going on with Ryan first before the internet world beheads him.

You sent him new W2 heads in 2015?

And haven’t finished paying him for them? But send him a procharger in Feb.’18?
And then told him to order parts?

You make a heck of a first post there stranger!

I have some Ocean front property in Arizona I could make you a real good dell on!

This is probably not the last we will hear of this. Sad to hear. I hope Ryan gets well enough to at least take care of his obligations.

This is probably not the last we will hear of this. Sad to hear. I hope Ryan gets well enough to at least take care of his obligations.
Ditto.
If your in the hospital sick or injured, then it is a serious matter. All the best to Ryan for a quick and speedy recovery.

I don’t know the extent of any bodies dealings with him at this point in time or how long Ryan has been missing from action.

But there’s always the dogs hanging up on the sick and injured like a pack always does.

How do we know that Ryan wasn’t robbed and ripped off while he was out sick/injured? All we have is a single new guy with a one hit post screaming “Law Suite!”

I'll start by saying that I don't know Ryan, and I don't know you. Secondly I own a business, and I am also a consumer. I read your post bashing a man in the hospital...and I'm having a hard time finding fault here. Your dates are crazy far apart, and you said that you had him sell your procharger. Why the hell is he supposed to sell your stuff? There's way more to this story.

Just from reading your first post I can tell that you are a pain the *** customer who has aggravated the **** out of this guy. You sound like the donkey/carrot customer who jerked him down the rabbit hole. You want a whole lotta **** for free, but act like your the cat's ***. He has probably dealt with $100k worth of **** from you trying to make $700 the hard way to pay his bills.

I may be wrong, but I've been self employed my whole life and you sound like a nightmare.

I also sent Ryan a set of W2s and money

He sent me a nicely ported set of heads in return.

I just reread your post...and quite frankly I'm a bit perplexed. Why the hell do you think it's normal for a business to store your junk for half a decade, and when does a third party become responsible for selling your junk. With the strange relationship that YOU have saddled this man with... it's your mess!

I wish this guy Ryan a full and speedy recovery.... and better customers in the future.

Surely there's a LOT more to this story that's been conveniently left out. I've read nothing but good stuff about Shady Dell. I agree, the root of this deal is ancient history. Most shops I know charge a storage fee if you leave your crap over 30 days. Machine shop I worked in when I was a kid was really small. We didn't have room for storage. Even if he has the room, that's not what he's in business for.

I offer up prayers for the guy and hope he gets better.

Punctuation, Spelling, Capital Letters and Grammar will make you post make sense. It was very hard to read.

My experience with Ryan was nothing but the best. He ported my heads, finished them on time and picked up 2 tenths an 3 mph with no other tuning. A true testament to his ability. Get well soon Ryan.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

For those who have never heard of him, Ryan is well known, particulaly for small block head porting.
He's shared a bunch of flow numbers on the internet some time back.
When I spoke with him he was going to share a building in town with another machine shop.

Here's what's on the moparts about 'new' location: AFAIK from people who have used him for work the past few years it still was a one man show or close to it. I thought he was going to work more with the adjoining shop but don't know that happened.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...s/960467/shady-dell-speed-shop-has-moved.html

and current health problems.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...paging-ryan-johnson-shady-dell-speedshop.html

I used Ryan's website Shady Dell Speed Shop alot over the last couple of years to compare cylinder heads and to see the capability.
Eventually I used him to port my used indy 360-1s as a thank you for the information he had posted. I told him that as well.

His work was top notch and am very happy to have the information online and very happy with our conversation. I had no issues with him. I do know he sounded a bit down on himself and his work when we last spoke. He did what we discussed within a very acceptable time frame.

He also helped a bunch with shipping to Canada which is another HUGE favour he did not have to do.

Hopefully he recovers and comes back to his work and possibly expand?
I am very thankful for everything he did for me.

I also sent Ryan a set of W2s and money

He sent me a nicely ported set of heads in return.

To whome ever disagreed with this. .... did I not send the money and heads or did I not get them back ?

cuz they are on my engine...
And I am pretty sure I remember sending him a bunch of money??

Oh yeah ... I got a custom solid roller cam too!

Whoa! Wait a second here.

Ryan is in the hospital?
Any reports as to why?
This is a huge problem for everyone. I understand the money issue. But I’d like to find out what’s going on with Ryan first before the internet world beheads him.
first let me say that my post was a wakeup call for anyone who had parts at ryans.many peoples parts are missing, as per his father-in-law, ryan scammed a lot of people as recently as may, sending them pictures of their engines on the dyno when in fact the engines were in pieces on the floor..don't believe me ,call his father-in-law dennis at d&l automotive at 814-238-1578. ryans shop was in the back corner and he hasn't paid the rent since september..again straight from dennis.as to the people who question my timeframe..this was a spare engine as i already have a 428 with w2 heads in my car now, so there was never any hurry. the blower, block and heads were all paid for before i sent them to him,followed right away with deposits for the work, yes i have receipts. feel free to call me if you think i'm lying.. and to the english teacher out there mocking my grammer and punctuations...get a life....

Ditto.
If your in the hospital sick or injured, then it is a serious matter. All the best to Ryan for a quick and speedy recovery.

I don’t know the extent of any bodies dealings with him at this point in time or how long Ryan has been missing from action.

But there’s always the dogs hanging up on the sick and injured like a pack always does.

How do we know that Ryan wasn’t robbed and ripped off while he was out sick/injured? All we have is a single new guy with a one hit post screaming “Law Suite!”
You jumped right on it, 4 posts right away...
And passing judgement on the OP, meanwhile trying come off like you wanna hear the whole story.... but didnt you just condescend condemnation on the op?

Op, that really sucks IF it's true. I dont disbelieve you gave him parts and money... I just wanna hear where the breakdown occurred if I'm to have any feelings one way or the other about it.

To the rest of the "Pack of dogs"... think objectively from the point of money, parts all missing and the ensuing distress that follows. Just wait for the ...the rest of the story...

Last edited:
first let me say that my post was a wakeup call for anyone who had parts at ryans.
Indeed it was and at a malevolent level. And I do get why. The start of your post with “Ryan WAS ” is most concerning as it blindsides everyone with there perspective of the man.

many peoples parts are missing, as per his father-in-law, ryan scammed a lot of people as recently as may, sending them pictures of their engines on the dyno when in fact the engines were in pieces on the floor..
This is a really weird thing to read that he “scammed” people. A bit hard to believe. But anything is possible. If true, WHY is my question. A little fact here, or, the facts please. Who was scammed? Besides yourself that is.

don't believe me ,call his father-in-law dennis at d&l automotive at 814-238-1578. ryans shop was in the back corner and he hasn't paid the rent since september..again straight from dennis.
Dennis offered nothing else? No explanation?

i already have a 428 with w2 heads
Ooooo, I like the sound of that!
Start a new thread with eye candy and specs.
Love me some W2 stuff!
and to the english teacher out there mocking my grammer and punctuations...get a life....
Ehhhhhh, while it wasn’t me, you could use a polishing. But your excited and I bet the passion is running high.

Sit back and relax. Take your time replying. Your catching everyone off guard and putting everyone on tilt & on a tilt.

Tell us what you “KNOW” of Ryan. First hand. Dennis is as close as you can get to Ryan, the Dennis will have to do and I hope he doesn’t have sour grapes against Ryan.

I’ve seen some disgruntled people completely trash family. With the only reason given is,” Because I can!”

All of this is all so very out there. I could almost make a case against his father in law. Or anybody for that matter that is even remotely close to him.

How do I know they did t assume Ryan’s spot and screw everyone while screwing Ryan while he is sick?

See what I’m saying?

Last edited:
As you see fit....
What ever you read and understand your way.
Your the Lord almighty right?
Hypocrite!

I’d just like that facts before the world beheads Ryan.

Why is he in the hospital and when did he first get there?

All I see is a first time poster speaking ill of someone. I have passed no judgement but question what I read.

How the hell do you know if this guy is a good man or a bad man.

Oh wait! Your crystal ball!
Never mind your worship!
Hypocrite!

If you want to back 426dart as speaking the 100% truth, knock yourself out. He maybe, he maybe not. Perhaps, he is honestly telling “what he knows (or believes) is the truth” but he may not have all the facts.

I’m just asking questions here.
And he’ll yea I wanna hear the whole story.
How or why is that a problem?
Do you have a dog in the game looking to profit from stolen goods.
Funny how you post what you did and said what you said and how I read it.

You jumped right on it, 4 posts right away...
And passing judgement on the OP, meanwhile trying come off like you wanna hear the whole story.... but didnt you just condescend condemnation on the op?

Op, that really sucks IF it's true. I dont disbelieve you gave him parts and money... I just wanna hear where the breakdown occurred if I'm to have any feelings one way or the other about it.

To the rest if the "Pack of dogs"... think objectively from the point of money, parts all missing and the ensuing distress that follows. Just wait for the ...the rest of the story...

Last edited:
Why don't the both you just get a room and get it over with already! Its the same thing over and over again! What is most important is that Ryan gets well soon and let him defend himself.

Jeff

Come on in! The water is piss warm. Thank him, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back