Sacramento CA. - Trying to find out if a vehicle there is real from CL ad

-

blue440duster

Reaction score
Found a vehicle on Craigslist in Sacramento but I also found it on what appears to be a phony website not sure which or if Both are fakes.

Looking for someone to verify in person that the ad is legit, willing to pay gas money plus $100, it's what I have wanted for my next project for a long time and it seems a little too perfect that it hasn't got snatched up

Not a Mopar so no need to speculate over a one of 74 Hemi cuda convertible double steering wheel right hand drive export modtop paint 13 spd twin turbo that I'm keeping from you :drama:

If you are interested PM me, will give info then

Last edited:
Can you share the link? I am from Merced, Ca... About 2 hours south of Sacramento...

Can you share the link? I am from Merced, Ca... About 2 hours south of Sacramento...

Ya, post the link.
I'm right here in town.
Might be able to tell you right from the git go, what you want to know, by seeing the ad.

so you are looking at buying something...but your to ashamed to tell us what it is ?

I'm thinking this has to be a moped

If you can't post the link, it didn't happen.............

Here's what you need to know about "phonies.........."

There are people posting REAL cars on CL, and then these show up, no fault of the seller, "somewhere else."

And, the OPPOSITE is true.......some car, on "some" website, shows up on CL and is a scam. Sometimes, it's nothing more than an email phishing project

Now relax all you black helicopter folks!! not top secret just figured I would go through the logistics with who ever was serious but in an effort to avoid the next area 51 here you go....

Cl ad

1952 Ford F6 Cabover COE vintage ratrod

And website that has the same Russian link(at the very bottom) as a dozen other "car sales" sites not to mention this site like the others have just about every car on the internet for sale on it.

1952 Ford F6 COE Cabover Rat Rod

So now just trying to figure out if BOTH are a scam, and Yes I have it in a BAD way for old cabovers so loosen your panties

It looks like the website is a scam site, probably just copying the craigslist ad.
But the craigslist ad seems legit.
1) theres no gmail address; usually scammers want you to reply by gmail, and rarely talk on the phone.
2) reply phone number area code is stockton.
3) truck is located in Modesto if you look at the map. they probably posted in Sac to get more views.

Speaking of Sacramento.....there was a '71 flat hood 340 demon for sale on CL in Sacramento last week.

If you bought it, PM me!!

Just checked out the sacramento crsigslist the black dart 2 door "survivor" looks like its missing its dashboard and windshield lol. Lots of other cool stuff though. I liked the 69 polara 500 convertible.

*Quote*
reply phone number area code is stockton.

Not seeing a phone number on the CL ad

I see it, it's there.
You click on the "reply" button?

Can't help you out.
It's really not "in town" for me.
Stockton is one hour away for me, and Modesto is even further down the highway, 1 1/2 hours.
And then really don't know if it's in any city around those two places.

Good luck to you anyway.

I'm wondering why the fake site has more photos of the truck than the CL ad? You would think a legit ad would have all the pics

It very well could be that CL is not the only website one which he has the truck advertised. Some of you guys are just too paranoid. Get on the phone.

Well I called and it is sold.... Blah

Maybe a little paranoid but $4500 is a lot to lose, I just wanted to get a set of trusted eyes on it first

That's my plan, We have a 1962 Detroit 8v71 (with a blower not turbo) at work with only 882 hours on it I'm currently trying to pry from them

-
Back