Sacramento Raceway - Mopar event

-

'63GT

Reaction score
Anyone from FABO planning on attending the Mopar event at SRP Sept 8th ??
Race, swap, car show?

I'm planning on being there. I posted this in the event section on March 9th and it was all the way on page 4. I highly recommend for those who can make this and other events at Sac Raceway to do so before the scheduled closing of the track in 2020. It'll be here before you know it.

image.png

I'm planning to go. Just hope the weather cooperates this year. It was 105* last year, and we're already 2 weeks in to triple digits..

If I can bear going to storage and digging out parts, we'll be by the fence (swap area) where it's open to the track with a blue canopy, chairs and a cooler. Feel free to stop by.

I will make a point to do that! ..got stuff to sell too, but I can't get anybody to man it for me. Wife/family will be out of town that day.
a friend of mine retired about the same time as me, but will be at Indy that weekend. I'll figure something out..

How was the event? I didn't have a chance to go. Was it anymore well attended than in past years?

Everyone I spoke to said it was much better than last year.. Sorry, I didn't take a single picture.
The Stock/Superstock combo race had poor attendance, unfortunately. But, all my buddies were there, so it made it fun for me anyway.
Car show wise, it looked to have 30+ cars in attendance. Not many.
Lots of new Mopar iron. Challengers, hellcats, SRT's etc.
Other than that, it was tough for me to get a good vantage point, cause I put two hits on my car, and spent the rest of the time manning my swap spot.

Please do, I didn't see everything...
The track photographer was there, but didnt post much... yet

I talked with you briefly, i had a lot going on, many cars in our camp. My Duster ran great 12.10 was my best of the day, not bad for a 318

Nothing wrong with that !
I got scolded at the ticket booth for not having a roll bar, belts, jacket.. It's ok, I had parts to sell.

We had 44 show cars including members from the Capital City Mopars. Last year we had 11.
The swap meet was about triple the size of last year.
Race cars seemed to be more in numbers as well.
The show has been dropping off for years for many reasons, the main one being the absolute LACK of promotion by the race track. This year, one of the members of our car club made a deal with the track owners to take on promotion.....See what you can do by getting the word out ?

-
Back