Sad Ending to My Dart Build

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I've had my Dart for almost 17 years now. I have been working on it slowly but surely and finally had it to a point where I was happy with it's looks and appearance. Here is a pic from a show last summer.

1678365334442.png

Well, shortly after midnight Tuesday morning, someone broke into my buddy's garage and stole my pride and joy and decided to take it for a joy ride. Of course it was during a torrential downpour and the drag radials wouldn't cooperate. This is the result.

nNYqnztDsGPbcR_2lHUwtr1roA=w696-h927-no?authuser=0.jpg

I'm still in shock and can't believe that this happened. The thief bailed at the scene but prints were lifted and police found a cell phone inside. The car is fully insured with State Farm as an antique/classic and a claim has been filed. Now, I have to deal with the adjuster for an agreeable value. I have had the car appraised so hopefully that process won't be too bad.

I would like to buy it back and find a nice roller to put my drive train into. If anyone has a lead on one, send me a message.

Thanks for letting me vent. This hunk of chrome and paint has become a part of our family and my adult children actually cried when they saw the pictures. I guess it's time to start the next phase of my Mopar life.

I hope everything works out for you. I can't begin to imagine the feeling. Hopefully they nail the scumbag who did this. Good luck.

So sorry that happened to you and that beautiful Dart.

Great to hear you had it insured properly so maybe if you buy it back, you can restore it again. (going on the pics you posted). It may look worse than it actually is. If not, I'm looking forward to your next chapter.

All the best...

Damn, that is sad to see and sorry for your loss. Thank God you have good insurance. That is a bad dream we all have had.

Wow Brother, that's just Wrong as heck. Don't know what your agreed Value was to the insurance company, but start at 35k or more. I caint put a value on it. Damn I hate Thieves.... hope he gets his *** beat Dumber than his rotten crooked..... alright, I'm gonna Refrain from going off..... Man Hope it Works out for you Sir!

I had to buy my car back from State farm . They valued the car higher then what I had it insured for. I had it insured for $25,000. The buy back was $9800 with their calculations,. There was not a body part usable except the doors. The buy back price was ridiculous. But I wanted my car back with a clean title. So I had to take 80% of its insured value and then still buy it back as if it were totaled. I walked away with $15,200 and my car.

One thing I learned is never insure it for less than its appraised value. And have it reappraised every year. Because they will make you pay a % of what they appraise the car for at the time of the accident if you want it back. Once you wreck it they own it unless you make a deal like I did to keep it. My experience with State Farm did not go well.

Awful sorry, Brian. You'll find something. Hopefully the insurance company will offer a good settlement.

Dammit! I'm sorry to see this Brian, I can totally understand the kids tears.
There was a solid roller I saw on here recently. Please post when they catch the f**k.

Sorry that some selfish inconsiderate moron damaged your car. I hope that it is repairable and that everything with the insurance company works out to your benefit.

As some of you know, I've had my Dart for almost 17 years now. I have been working on it slowly but surely and finally had it to a point where I was happy with it's looks and appearance. Here is a pic from a show last summer.

Well, shortly after midnight Tuesday morning, someone broke into my buddy's garage and stole my pride and joy and decided to take it for a joy ride. Of course it was during a torrential downpour and the drag radials wouldn't cooperate. This is the result.

I'm still in shock and can't believe that this happened. The thief bailed at the scene but prints were lifted and police found a cell phone inside. The car is fully insured with State Farm as an antique/classic and a claim has been filed. Now, I have to deal with the adjuster for an agreeable value. I have had the car appraised so hopefully that process won't be too bad.

I would like to buy it back and find a nice roller to put my drive train into. If anyone has a lead on one, send me a message.

Thanks for letting me vent. This hunk of chrome and paint has become a part of our family and my adult children actually cried when they saw the pictures. I guess it's time to start the next phase of my Mopar life.

Unbelievable.

Wow, that's just terrible. You took all the right steps with insuring and appraising it, so hopefully they'll do you proper. Obviously, we all would rather this never happened in the first place -- sounds like you had a ton of sweat equity invested in that beauty. At least you can save the drivetrain.

Is it repairable? Clean rollers are getting harder to find and the price I've seen for cars that need serious body work are borderline ridiculous in asking price.

Sucks to see, sorry for the loss.

-
Back