Sad news Junior Hockey Team bus crash

-
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( Prayers to all the family, friends and fans this morning, this is hart breaking :(

Terrible...

Lots of good talent and potential gone...

What a tragedy. Hit me hard as a diehard hockey fan.
Thoughts & Prayers to all.

1E3200C8-B087-42B2-914B-C2A11789E22B.jpeg

Yeah me too. I was out in Saskatchewan a couple years back for a while. Salt of the earth people! As good natured and kind as I have met. We have a few members(oldkimmer) here from there. Hopefully no one they know was directly involved.
Back in 1986 Swift Current Broncos lost 4 players in a bus crash.
Sad.
Thanks OSC, class move.
What a tragedy. Hit me hard as a diehard hockey fan.
Thoughts & Prayers to all.

View attachment 1715162142

I heard about it this morning and my heart sunk.
Since I play with some Juniors players when they are home for holidays and summers it really hits close to the heart. These kids live to play and are extremely talented !

Very sad, my heart is heavy with this news! As Mike Babcock said so eloquently, savor every moment in your life, and enjoy every minute you can with your loved ones. It can all change so quickly! We just came from a memorial for a very wonderful young friend of ours who died in an auto accident 2 weeks ago! It's very sad to know that these young people had so much to offer their communities and the world! My heart and prayers are with them and their families this day!!

Another young fellow has passed away bringing the deaths up to 15. This crash happened 2 hours north of me, i have driven that road many times. The driver of the semi claims he was blinded by the sun and missed the stop sign.

God bless.

I watched some of the press conference. They were mentioning the bus and truck collided and one went thru a stop sign but didn't say which one.
When I was out there i was amazed the speed limit was 110 km/h on 2 lane highways with all the wind. Dangerous.
God Bless to you as well.
Another young fellow has passed away bringing the deaths up to 15. This crash happened 2 hours north of me, i have driven that road many times. The driver of the semi claims he was blinded by the sun and missed the stop sign.

God bless.

A sad day indeed. Thoughts to the families.

Saskatchewan is a large province area wise, with about 1,million people. We are a close knit province, mostly agriculture etc, oil patch too which has dried up for now, lots of small towns and a huge Hockey following. We have 5 WHL hockey teams here, those kids get scouted to the NHL. So we create a lot of hockey players in this province. An incident similar to this happened back in 1986 when a bus slid off the overpass on black ice and crashed killing 4 young boys coming to Regina to play against our team here.

A horrific accident and a tremendously sad loss of young lives. Considering the severity of the accident, it’s amazing anyone survived.

FBBEA859-F79F-4F25-8C3F-9234EECF3A31.jpeg

D7061018-7FC2-47E7-9B59-B6C99AA764EA.jpeg

Not sure how anyone could possibly disagree with my post but hey we get all kinds eh .For those that care the go fund me effort is almost halfway to it's 4 million goal and I am proud to have joined the effort , if that offends you well tough **** .

Not sure how anyone could possibly disagree with my post but hey we get all kinds eh .For those that care the go fund me effort is almost halfway to it's 4 million goal and I am proud to have joined the effort , if that offends you well tough **** .
A terrible day for all involved and for so many of us that hockey has been a huge part of our lives for years and years. Hockey players and family are passionate about the sport. There are no words for this loss. Our lockeroom will observe a moment of silence like most lockerooms around the nation. Blessings and strength to all.

Yes, it’s very sad indeed. I didn’t know anyone but I have friends that did. My heart goes out to all who lost friends and family. I have a friend that lost a brother in the 1986 accident. Our prayers are sent. Kim and Patty

I can guarantee you the "red x" was a mistype. I've done it several times. And can vouch for Mike.
I'll be more than happy to donate as well.

Sad news.
As a big hockey fan, i pray for the friends and families of the victims.
Such a waste...........

-
Back