Sad to see but will happen to most us all

-
I agree. It wouldn't be very smart selling something you're working on or using.
..but i think that Lady in Nova Scotia got it right.She said when you get old or retire you don't want anything around you have to look after or worry about.

I have a death wish. Most recent, I tried to drink myself to death. Almost worked too but those who love me keep interfering. I did some deep thinking about this one after they told me I did almost die twice. I decided there must be something else I need to do before I go. Only God knows what that is.
As for the material things I leave behind, I have a few things designated to who. Feck the rest of it.

There’s only two things in life that are guaranteed, death and taxes.

I'm a biker. I've been faced with this so called problem of leaving my stuff behind for my whole life.I could get squashed like a bug on a windshield at any point.Been riding 57 years and if I worried about leaving my stuff behind for someone else to deal with I would never have had the chance to own and enjoy what I have.The way I see it is you die,the day after the funeral your **** gets auctioned off and what's left goes to the scrap yard. That's not such a great burden to leave behind . Keeping your stuff and working on it right up to the end will give you a better quality of life no matter how hard it is .This is how I see it anyway .If I go first she gets to deal with it If she goes first I get to deal with her **** .It's an auction and college junk removal either way
I'll take care of the 850T for ya! Maybe we should start a big-block Guzzi thread; they're hemi-heads, after all.

That 850 T has carried me all over North America .In 2010 when I was 61 I took it on a 3 month ride all over the US and Western Canada 14,000 miles in 3 months alone.In 2014 she carried me up to the Canadian Maritimes for 5 or 6 weeks .If I'm still breathing I hope to ride her out west late next summer and hit the Barber vintage festival in Birmingham AL on the return .They can bury me sitting on this bike ! Some of us old geezers are crazy SOB's I'm one of them. I just don't see the point on giving up . I want to go out like a friggin fireball across the sky

IMG_5404a.jpg

I lived with stage 3 cancer. Lived is the key part of that sentence. Also when sick easy to think it is infact a,sentence.
Like the guy said in Joe Dirt " Life Is What You Make It"
Lately I have been doing assembles and sub-assemblies sincevij can handle smaller items better.
Even if it is just a few parts a,week and my regular work.
Polishing for 8-10 hours like I was is out.

That 850 T has carried me all over North America .In 2010 when I was 61 I took it on a 3 month ride all over the US and Western Canada 14,000 miles in 3 months alone.In 2014 she carried me up to the Canadian Maritimes for 5 or 6 weeks .If I'm still breathing I hope to ride her out west late next summer and hit the Barber vintage festival in Birmingham AL on the return .They can bury me sitting on this bike ! Some of us old geezers are crazy SOB's I'm one of them. I just don't see the point on giving up . I want to go out like a friggin fireball across the sky

View attachment 1715996139
AWESOME!!!!

I'm 76 and am having some health issues and been thinking of selling my 65 Barracuda. I'm at the stage of my life where it's not the fun that it used to be. I still drive it and work on it but don't know how much longer I can.

I wish everyone all of you well, life is short, so please cherish the moments we have Left.

yeah- With this technology to be "connected" with so many people, it's right there in your face.

Even as a Jesus believer, it's heartbreaking watching people go, especially suddenly... and also being "next" for lack of a better way of putting it. Live your life out loud. Be good to those around you. Have a clear conscience etc...
Amen Brother

I've been into to Plymouths as long as I've been alive. My dad started collecting and restoring cars in the 50's. His prize was this '33 Plymouth PC convertible. The day before he died I bought his 64 Valiant convertible to continue his legacy. I don't know if my daughters will continue after I'm gone but that will be there problem I guess! Just keep moving as long as you're breathing.

Dad's 33PC.jpg

64 CONV.JPG

I'm 62 and will keep drag racing as long as my health and reaction time permits it. When I can't cut a light anymore I will probably install a transbrake and hope that will help me to keep going rounds for a few more years.

I retired the first time at 55. After two years, I couldn't stand it and went back to wrenching. I got a job as a mechanic for a used car lot. At 59 I opened a one man restoration shop and did eight body off restorations before hanging it up at 69, when I remarried. I joined Cascade Pacific Plymouth Club in 2010, serving as President for 4 years. I believe the average age of the members would be around 70. Definately this is a dying mans hobby. Just a few younger folk are interested in these older cars. My 83rd birthday was last month. I've had several heart attacks, arthritus, prostate cancer, six stents, and neuropathy. I plan to keep working on old cars right up to the last minute. My three boys all want the cars and will have to draw straws for them. The club gets the tools and parts. Never stop!

I'm 73 and deal with this in my mind every day.Yeah it takes me 5 times longer to do **** today than it did 10 years ago but I refuse to give up.I've decided that in the end we all lose what we have so why worry about it .I already accepted that most of my tools and cars and motorcycles will end up in the scrap yard. No one close to me wants this stuff.The younger generation has very little interest so I'm just going to keep doing what I do as long as I can and not worry about what happens when I'm gone .I have some cool stuff and will sell some for sure but I'll never sell it just to give in to old age,screw that !

View attachment 1715995747

View attachment 1715995749

View attachment 1715995752

View attachment 1715995754

View attachment 1715995755

View attachment 1715995756
I agree. I told my wife" I'm keeping the tools and the bikes and the cars..when I'm gone sell it, for however much you need.. tell 'em Sold but you have to get it out of here..." :) truth is shell need the money more that I will. Even if it is pennies on the dollar.

I'm only 31, seeing how the healthcare industry/racket/mafia is right now I'll probably go bankrupt once I start getting health problems in my old age. Seems like the next ~10 years wouldn't be a bad time to go, I'm afraid to see what this country will be like in 30 years.

On the other hand, I have no idea what God has in store for the future and having a negative outlook will just make life less enjoyable and make me age faster lol. Who knows, if things get bad enough maybe I'll just move somewhere overseas and bring all my Mopars with me. I'm definitely gonna put up a fight though before I give up on my homeland (USA).

I retired the first time at 55. After two years, I couldn't stand it and went back to wrenching. I got a job as a mechanic for a used car lot. At 59 I opened a one man restoration shop and did eight body off restorations before hanging it up at 69, when I remarried. I joined Cascade Pacific Plymouth Club in 2010, serving as President for 4 years. I believe the average age of the members would be around 70. Definately this is a dying mans hobby. Just a few younger folk are interested in these older cars. My 83rd birthday was last month. I've had several heart attacks, arthritus, prostate cancer, six stents, and neuropathy. I plan to keep working on old cars right up to the last minute. My three boys all want the cars and will have to draw straws for them. The club gets the tools and parts. Never stop!
Stay Strong Brother!

And you continue to do what everyone's needs to do! My buddy says it's hard to find guys our age that do anything and he is right!

Hell, I'm enjoying this insane party. Good times, bad times. It's all part of life. I'm sure our ancestors that were being chased by sabertooth tigers and had a life expectancy of 35 were cursing the bad days too.

Drive your car. Go take that vacation. Eat that steak. Make love like rabbits. Because I promise you, when the time comes, those are the things you'll be thinking about

I'll see you guys on the big end in the sky

And you continue to do what everyone's needs to do! My buddy says it's hard to find guys our age that do anything and he is right!
Seems like a bad distributor job, 180° out! We cain't find Youngin's that can DO Anything right! Lol . Just kidding. There are a few, I reckon

Hell, I'm enjoying this insane party. Good times, bad times. It's all part of life. I'm sure our ancestors that were being chased by sabertooth tigers and had a life expectancy of 35 were cursing the bad days too.

Drive your car. Go take that vacation. Eat that steak. Make love like rabbits. Because I promise you, when the time comes, those are the things you'll be thinking about

I'll see you guys on the big end in the sky

I'm not yet in a position to take vacations, eat steak or make love but I'm working on it lmao. Duster's been down for about a month now as I had to spend the last 3-4 weekends helping move everything out of my parents' house they just put up for sale. Ahh such is life... time to make some moves (as in find another job in another state) and live for myself instead of others, been doing this way too long. I've been the "man of the house" since I was like 12.

I'm not yet in a position to take vacations, eat steak or make love but I'm working on it lmao. Duster's been down for about a month now as I had to spend the last 3-4 weekends helping move everything out of my parents' house they just put up for sale. Ahh such is life... time to make some moves (as in find another job in another state) and live for myself instead of others, been doing this way too long. I've been the "man of the house" since I was like 12.

This makes me happy.

The very fact that you're willing to try and put forth the effort is the difference between living and merely existing. Gives me hope.

Just remember that you won't always succeed. Life will be really hard at times. But as long as you fail-forward and continue pursue your goals, you'll have one helluva life story to tell someday.

This makes me happy.

The very fact that you're willing to try and put forth the effort is the difference between living and merely existing. Gives me hope.

Just remember that you won't always succeed. Life will be really hard at times. But as long as you fail-forward and continue pursue your goals, you'll have one helluva life story to tell someday.
Thank you friend, that really means a lot. My life isn't bad, it could be a lot worse but it could also be a lot better! And nothing about it will change unless I put in the effort.

I try to put labels/tags on all my parts so if I suddenly kick the bucket maybe some hope all the stuff can find another home.

-
Back