Said goodbye to my friend today-----------------

-
My heartfelt condolences for you loss. We have always had miniature Dachshunds. We are on numbers 6 and 7 now. Of the prior 5, we had to take 4 of them in to the vet at the end. I cried like a baby each time. Our current two wiener dogs (Hermione and Luna) are so special to us. They are both 10. Luna is daddy's girl She wants to be with me 24/7. She LOVES going to Lowes with me and riding around in the cart. Sometimes I think that after they are gone, we won't get another dog. But then I realize that the pain of losing such a special friend is worth the amazing and unconditional love we get from them. When we attach ourselves to 'friends' with shorter lives than us, we must understand that each day with them is a gift from God. Think about it, dog spelled backwards is God. You will never forget Emma, and a new dog will never take her place, but just like kids, all dogs have their own personality. You will find a new friend who will heal the pain in your heart. Again, my heartfelt condolences for you loss.
I so agree. Worth a read again folks.
Once I sat in the vet's waiting area to have my best friend put down. He sat in my lap looking up at me, and I could see him wondering why we were here.
The little girl sitting next to me asked why are you having those tears, are you sad? I replied those are happy tears, my best little friend here will soon go and be with the Man that created him, and the happy tears are all about all the good times we had together the great memories I will have after he leaves my side.
His name was Red Dog,a minature dashchund. That was 4 odd years ago, I now have Red Dog (#2).

Rest peacefully, Emma. She enriched your life for 17 wonderful years, and now she is a part of your soul. Pets bring a different kind of energy to our world, an energy that people can't bring. They love us unconditionally and I swear they can read our minds.

I said goodbye to Logan almost a year ago, and I still cry. He was 14 and looked a lot like Emma. I got him when he was 7 weeks old, and he never, ever left my side. A good friend who had also lost a dog around the same time taught me that grief is an expression of love, and she couldn't have been more right.
fullsizeoutput_952.jpeg

I took one of my wife's wiener dogs in for its last ride a few years ago when she had a surgery and couldn't go. This dog would bite me bark at me and was pretty much useful for eating food and pooping... I'm not what you call a wiener dog guy... When I was in the little room beyond the lobby the doctors discussed it with me and did the shot with him as I was holding him at the table and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. After they left with him it took another 10 minutes for me to gather myself to get back through the lobby...
They are family....

The unconditional love that man gets from a dog is the ultimate example of how we should love God and one another. A Beetles song says "you got to hide your love away" but also states its clowns that say that. When a little rescue pup came along ( 2 years ago ) I realized its foolish to try and just plain wrong to hide my love away. I'll never foget either of the 2 huskys I have had. This little cross breed needed me as much as I needed her.
My condolences as your heart heals. May you and another be blessed again.

All:
Thank you all so much for your sympathy and kindness. I know it is just a part of life that we all go through-the universal experience so to speak. Our Emma was at the end of her life and as difficult as it was I know it was the right thing to do for her. She only made 17 years because of the stellar care and treatment she received from my wife. We were determined to keep her happy as long as we could. I took the long way to the Vet yesterday with the windows down and Emma looking out the window. Thanks again for your comments-they really do help!! DR

So sorry for your loss. We had to say goodbye to our senior kitty in July and the heartbreak is real. Let yourself grieve and remember all of the good times with Emma. Just know that where there is great grief, there was great LOVE! RIP Emma.

Rest easy good pup, your job is done here. I’m sure she was there every step of the way, making sure your family was safe and sound, and always loved. It’s never easy losing a great friend, my time is coming too. I’ll say a prayer for your family.

6E24D7BE-0B07-4422-8B8B-38976ADA9188.jpeg

Its just the most difficult thing for me and every time I get another one I think of how heart sick I will be when this one’s time comes.

-
Back