Sail panel emblems on a vinyl top Dart

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
So, I was in a discussion at the garage tonight, and im curious as to whether anyone can help me with this question.. I know on 67, 69, and 69 Darts I have seen the 'Dodge Emblem' on the sail panels of the vinyl top Darts.. I was under the assumption that 69 was the last year for that.. but my one friend argued that you could still get that up to 72.. I personally have never seen a 70 and up Dart with those emblems on the sail panels... (at least none that I can remember) .. Can anyone tell me exactly when they dropped that from the Darts with vinyl tops?

I have the sale brochures from 69-72 and 1969 is the last year that they are shown in those publications.

I have the sale brochures from 69-72 and 1969 is the last year that they are shown in those publications.

Thanks for the info.. I wasnt sure if there was any real specific time the emblems were dropped.. My buddy insists his brother bought a Dart new in 72 and it had them on the sail panels.. but as I said, I have never seen a 70 and up Dart with the emblems on the sail panels...

Interestingly enough, Year One, lists that sail panel emblem as a 69-70 Dart with vinyl top LOL .. but I have seen them on 67-69 but not later.. maybe no one really knows for sure LMAO

-
Back