Sanderson DD7 header issue

-

Sreyno

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
:banghead:A couple of months ago I bought a set of sanderson dd7 headers for my '66 barracuda. when I tried to install them I found out there is NO WAY the left side will clear the steering box. I called the company today and they have no problem refunding my money. the girl I talked to said they have a new set due out on Friday that were specifically designed for early A body applications and she asked if I would wait until friday and see if I could get a set in trade for the previous ones. Or, she said they would refund my money and take the other set back. I think I will wait to see if these will work. after all I would have to buy a different set anyway. I will post later to tell everyone if they work or not........

Yea curious the fit and price. I'll be following. I've meant to stop by their facility in sanfrancisco but always forget to. Maybe I'll check them out in the near future.

Talked to them last week. They said the DD7 would not fit 66 cars. They were made for 67 and up. They said they were having problems with them(DD7) After those are corrected, they may try for a set for 66's.

I bought a set end of May. Looked promising at first, but when bolted on steering shaft will not clear. Going around would require 2 double or 4 single joints and a support. I was advised against that from several sources. I was told they would take them back, but I have 2 people interested in them. Does anyone know if the Dorman cast exhaust manifolds from Summit are the 2-1/8" outlet size?

Sreyno, Any update on this or pictures. I am thinking about
these for a 67 Dart, 360, with a Hemi Denny front end with power rack and pinion also want to Add AC. South Texas in the summer is just too hot without AC.

Bobby

I saw the new set at the goodguys show and they assured me they will fit 63-66 A bodies with and without power steering. They look real nice and by the looks of them I'm almost positive they will fit.

I saw the new set at the goodguys show and they assured me they will fit 63-66 A bodies with and without power steering. They look real nice and by the looks of them I'm almost positive they will fit.

did u take any pics of thses headers??? sounds to good to be true for A body guys,, but a ton of them would be sold if the ydont want 2 arms and a leg,,,

I thought I did ill have to check my other camera. Aside from them being shorty headers they looked bitchin. I expressed to the sales rep from the company how long overdue these are to us and he assured me that they had fitment issues with the first preliminary sets but assured me they will fit all forms of steering setups. I held them because they were some of the few that were on display. At 379 for a raw set I kick myself for buying the Doug's and dealing with all the bullshit slip joints.

:banghead:A couple of months ago I bought a set of sanderson dd7 headers for my '66 barracuda. when I tried to install them I found out there is NO WAY the left side will clear the steering box. I called the company today and they have no problem refunding my money. the girl I talked to said they have a new set due out on Friday that were specifically designed for early A body applications and she asked if I would wait until friday and see if I could get a set in trade for the previous ones. Or, she said they would refund my money and take the other set back. I think I will wait to see if these will work. after all I would have to buy a different set anyway. I will post later to tell everyone if they work or not........

I recently bought dd7 headers from Sanderson, and I have a 71 Dodge Dart with a 318 and p/s. I spent twenty hours making them work for my car. They do clear the regular starter, but they hit everything else possibly. I had to shim the motor immensely, and get a flexible trans dipstick and tube. They do not fit darts unless you are a well versed mechanic. They are not made to fit well. These guys are assholes to the car community, by charging a crap load of cash for a part that they say fits and really does not. Everyone has a right to know, and I wish I had read this before I bought my pair. They do sound great, but it's not worth the headache. I had to jump over so many hurdles. If anyone needs help making them fit feel free to message me for advice. But know it's going to be a monumental task if you buy dd7 headers from Sanderson. And do not trust them if they say they fit, all they do is test it on a block at their shop and think that they've made a tight hugging set of headers...false !

Yea curious the fit and price. I'll be following. I've meant to stop by their facility in sanfrancisco but always forget to. Maybe I'll check them out in the near future.

A FABO meet-and-greet and tour of their plant would be fun. I almost bought a set of their headers but went with Doug's D453 instead.

72 Dart DD7's fit well. Required a Flaming River steering coupler - Mopar Universal Joint Adapter - Power Box - FR1506P - 574 - 5367
photo-0087-wince-jpg.jpg

-
Back