Saw this on Conn. Craigslist (Not Mine)

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
70 Dodge Dart Swinger Vintage Drag car - auto parts - by owner -...

Price seems reasonable.
00i0i_eQPMDPmK4ke_0bC06x_600x450.jpg

That IS a good deal, I paid more for my Demon as a roller 11 years ago.

OMM, I hope you can make a deal, that looks like a good addition to your stable.

I don't need a title. They are only numbers anymore. Last time I went to the track they didn't ask for papers. I'll race it for a season or two then strip it.

I had a Coronet R/T solen in 1973 I still have the title. I found the car at a car show. Called the State Police. What they told me was that the car is registered with a duplicate title. That title supersedes my original title as long as he is in possession of the car. My 70 340 swinger was stolen at the same time by the same guys. They had it at a storage garage and I bought it from a tow company that towed the car.

The car was gone since 73. I got it back in around 2004. The new owner with the duplicate title and now a Constable came with the police to take the car. I was now in possession with the original title and the car. The car was mine. He walked away with his tail between his legs.

I have the title to the R/T next time I see it at a show "Carlisle" or anywhere I am going to remove the licence plate have a friend walk away with it and I will sit in the car with the title and scrape the inspection sticker off. Being it is a 69 I will plug a new ignition in it and drive it away. I will gladly take the fines for no registration and insurance End of story. Some of you may know the guy that had and has my car. Tony from Pa. It has been in hiding since I know who has it.

That is why I am telling you they're only numbers. Duplicate Titles can be had very easy through the title man. Gives a new meaning "possession is 9 tenths of the law" I have had several taken over the yeas by thieves. I have all the titles . Got my brown 72 Demon back the same time the swinger came home.

The first two pics are of the Demon before it was taken in 1981. The last picture is of both cars in around 2004 when they came home. I did not recognize my cars until after I bought them back. Been doing this a long time and had several the same color.

72demon3[1].jpg

72demon4[1].jpg

72demon2[1].jpg

The only way I recognized my Demon is the dent in the roof. My son saw it and said dad that car you bought has the exact same dent. I then hunted for the title and I still had it.

The only way I recognized my Demon is the dent in the roof. My son saw it and said dad that car you bought has the exact same dent. I then hunted for the title and I still had it.
I noticed it in the first picture. Good for you man. Hope you get your other car back as well.

I'm not doubting the story you tell. Different states also act differently. I've heard some say that some states don't have titles after "X" number of years. But normally, if there is a stolen vehicle report. You can't get a duplicate title (in the same vin number) and local PD is notified of what we call the hit. But, if the insurance company pays a claim. When the car is located it belongs to them. But its like you have first right of refusal from the insurance company if they can find you. Sometimes they don't look, clear it off their books and you're never told of the recovery.

I've even heard of really shady people that steal a car and put it in storage/work on it. Then file by the abandon vehicle laws for fee's accrued. They publish a notice in the paper for 5 days, do some paperwork and Bob's your Uncle.

Again, the stole vehicle report should trump all other claims.

Wow,you've had some bad luck.My buddy always had 69 Chargers. They kept getting stolen and the insurance co. never paid out enough. The last one he had stolen he kept refusing the insurance check. 1 year later he got a call they recovered his car. It paid off. The theif (over the winter) Blacked out the hood, installed new carpet and seat covers, and installed a brand new set of tires. Car was detailed,buffed and polished.
I bought a 1968 GTS of an 80 year old lady in my home town for $1. She said I was patient andd didn't pester her like others who had asked her to sell it. Yes a $1 to make it legal I was shocked. She said she bought it because she lived on a blind corner and needed pep if she pulled out and someone was coming around the corner. Her son worked at a Dodge dealer and had her buy it.She said her dart was stolen 8 times but always got it back unmolested. The last time it was stolen they caught the guy robbing a bank. It was his go to car for robberies.
Love the Demon. Auto or stick?

My R/T was stolen in 1973. There was a report at the Bethlehem barracks. All pa. stolen car reports were sent to Harrisburg auto theft division. No paper reports were transferred. I needed the original report which I didn't have. My original title is all I need once the car is back in my possession. He will then have to answer who applied for the duplicate title and who signed the application. That's when he will disappear.

One other thing I was told was to run into the car when it is parked. When he files a claim he will have to show proof of ownership. I will then show I am the original owner and still own the car . He will have to explain how he got the duplicate. I just need to locate the car. They will not give me the owners address or locate it for me.

The last time I saw the car it was painted turquoise. The original color was light pale yellow. I was entering a car show and saw someone I knew from back then standing by an R/T. He looked at me I looked at him . I could tell he was worried . He got in the R/T and left before we could park . I never saw the car or him again. I called in the vin to DMV and they told me the car was registered with a duplicate title in Pa.. I know that was my car I saw. with a guy who was friends with the man who had my swinger in storage that I got back. Both cars were taken the same night.

My R/T was stolen in 1973. There was a report at the Bethlehem barracks. All pa. stolen car reports were sent to Harrisburg auto theft division. No paper reports were transferred. I needed the original report which I didn't have. My original title is all I need once the car is back in my possession. He will then have to answer who applied for the duplicate title and who signed the application. That's when he will disappear.

One other thing I was told was to run into the car when it is parked. When he files a claim he will have to show proof of ownership. I will then show I am the original owner and still own the car . He will have to explain how he got the duplicate. I just need to locate the car. They will not give me the owners address or locate it for me.

The last time I saw the car it was painted turquoise. The original color was light pale yellow. I was entering a car show and saw someone I knew from back then standing by an R/T. He looked at me I looked at him . I could tell he was worried . He got in the R/T and left before we could park . I never saw the car or him again. I called in the vin to DMV and they told me the car was registered with a duplicate title in Pa.. I know that was my car I saw. with a guy who was friends with the man who had my swinger in storage that I got back. Both cars were taken the same night.

Sounds to me like some crooked notaries should be losing their license too. You made me think maybe I should get my car registered so I could get an updated title.

-
Back