SB 308 heads still a hot item?...in demand? I Have a set....

-

V24x2

Reaction score
Hello, I have a set of the sb 360 roller heads that everybody wanted about 10 years ago, are they still a hot item?? What can I get for them in today’s world? Looking to sell possibly. They are from a 1989-91 LA roller 360. Thanks in advance!

Bout 200 if they're in really nice shape and complete.

So nobodies going to want them shipped for an extra $150ish, now their at $350.00!!! Certainly a local sale would be best.

I don't see any way in hell anybody would go that even shipped. Plus, there's the fact that a LOT of them are cracked because they were a thin casting. There are so many aftermarket heads now, you could double it and get something new in iron. A little more than that and get new bare aluminum castings. You're hardly sittin on a gold mine.

I don't see any way in hell anybody would go that even shipped. Plus, there's the fact that a LOT of them are cracked because they were a thin casting. There are so many aftermarket heads now, you could double it and get something new in iron. A little more than that and get new bare aluminum castings. You're hardly sittin on a gold mine.
Local pick-up or a swap meet would be your best bet. You may be able to turn it into beer money.

Not looking to “retire” on these heads for sure it to ship them anywhere substantial will certainly ruin any deal. Just shipped 2 nos 318 heads from Michigan straight down I-75 to Florida, it cost the dude $96.10 EACH HEAD!!!.....for retail ground shipping! He didn’t mind, it was I who freaked out!
So NO.....their not worth selling if their worth $200.00 then they have to be shipped a reasonable distance for another $150.+

image.jpg

Justin's guide to used small block heads
J $heads are $100-200 w/2.02 orig $400
X $300-500
587 $200-350
974 $250-300
308 $300-400 magnifluxed*
302 $150
324 $250
920 $200
315 $200

Variances in condition affect pricing.

Justin's guide to used small block heads
J $heads are $100-200 w/2.02 orig $400
X $300-500
587 $200-350
974 $250-300
308 $300-400 magnifluxed*
302 $150
324 $250
920 $200
315 $200

Variances in condition affect pricing.

I knew you'd chime in sooner or later. Thank you kindly. lol

Anytime. There's a lot of cheap heads out there available that are aluminum and shiny but they still only flow on average 230 to 250 CFM.

I wasn't trying to insult the guy.....he asked and I answered what they might be worth to me......that's always cheap. LMAO

I wasn't trying to insult the guy.....he asked and I answered what they might be worth to me......that's always cheap. LMAO
Well you're not wrong because in some places they are that cheap. I just didn't want the General Public people to think that they're worthless when really they are kind of hard to find being that they are cracked a lot but when they're not they usually don't crack ever and they've got great ports, the 308 head that is.
The wrecking yard around here wants $145 a pair so if you were to find them and try and sell them you have to leave yourself some wiggle room

Well you're not wrong because in some places they are that cheap. I just didn't want the General Public people to think that they're worthless when really they are kind of hard to find being that they are cracked a lot but when they're not they usually don't crack ever and they've got great ports, the 308 head that is

Oh yeah they can be made to flow like a gal that's missed her period for 3 months and the dam breaks.

-
Back