SB distributor rebuild kits

-

barracudadave67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any one know where I can obtain the internal bushings and washers that are inside a SB dizzy,???
I was redoing one today and the plastic busing on the bottom of the dizzy cracked off, when I was putting it back together.
Use to be you could get them, but I've had no luck finding any.
Thanks
Dave

A member here has made some metal ones. Not sure how you would find the post, but IIRC he had extras for sale

I don't use them they block the shaft oiling into the housing, and the local HD has the same thing for $5. I have a few I can spare, I am trying to find a CNC shop to make me up more.

Thanks Rusty,
But thats not what I need.
I need the plastic/nylon bushing on the bottom of the dizzy that is held on buy a roll pin. It has a spacer (thinwasher) between it, and the dizzy housing.
Thanks Dave

I have them but recommend going with steel or brass, they are 50 year old nylon and break and fall in the motor. FYI Not a plug for me.

Thanks to all for the resonces.
I made my own. Found some bronze bushings drilled the whole, and filed it down to lenghth. It turned out pretty good. New bronze homemade bushing next to two cracked ones.
Bag shows bushings I bought to cut down.
I used a V block to hold the bushing to drill it. Painted the dizzy housing also while I had it apart.
Dave

20201005_160748_018.jpg

20201005_160816.jpg

20201005_160807.jpg

Last edited:
Yep... hardware store bushing drilled to fit. Like Halifax said .

-
Back