SBP disc won't fit on hub

-

DavidW

Reaction score
I am converting my 68 dart from 10" drums to SBP. I wanted to keep my original 14x4.5 wheels. I obtained used hubs and spindles from a guy in Los Angeles and the machined areas on the hubs all fit well on the spindles. I got all the other parts and installed spindle, etc. I now find the machined area in the discs is too small to slide all the way on to the hubs. Diameter across the hubs is 5 11/16" and the machined area on the disc backsides is approx. 5 3/16". Does anybody have specs on the SBP hub? I was told by the seller they were not Centric discs, neither are they Wagner as they seem to not available. Got any answers? I'm going crazy!

Sounds like later 73 up rotors. Did you verify they are 5 on 4 bolt pattern?

Pics please.
The car is not with me. Perhaps I can explain a little better. The greatest diameter of the hub, the flat disc area the the lugs go through has a diameter of 5 11/16", and the recess in the back side of the rotor that is machined is smaller than the the hub that slides into it. I want to be sure the hub is correct so I can approach the rotor vendor. I can't see how the rotor could be wrong. There was only one SBP disc setup.

Sounds like later 73 up rotors. Did you verify they are 5 on 4 bolt pattern?
Yes, the rotor fits on the lugs, just won't slide all the way on, as that machine area tapers smaller and rounds in the "corner". I'm thinking the rotor is made wrong.

DSC01985.JPG
can you see the hubs are in front of the rotors
DSC01986.JPG

I'd be a bit worried about the knowledge and experience of the person doing the work.

the early version of disc's on those are the same design , he must work on 73 n later than .

-
Back