SC 360 on Holley HP efi

-

champyfz450

Reaction score
I posted this here a while back but somehow the post got moved to a different forum. Let me know what you guys think. Hopefully it gets warmer here soon so I can get it out and tuned.

Demon 360 engine bay.jpg

at first I thought you had an AMC Hornet 360 you were putting the system on. after I looked at the forum it's listed in, I get it. either way, I'll be watching. Thanks! Bob

I posted this here a while back but somehow the post got moved to a different forum. Let me know what you guys think. Hopefully it gets warmer here soon so I can get it out and tuned.

View attachment 1715897547
I searched through some of your previous posts and I did not find build specs. Feel free to share some details about the engine, transmission, and rear axle.
Looks like a pretty fun project, from what I see.

I searched through some of your previous posts and I did not find build specs. Feel free to share some details about the engine, transmission, and rear axle.
Looks like a pretty fun project, from what I see.

Here's a rundown of what went into this build, which I did at home;
1971 360 0.060 over SBM block
Stock crankshaft
Eagle I-beam rods
Holley throttle body
Edelbrock Super Victor EFI intake
Edelbrock fuel rails
Holley 66lb/hr injectors
Holley Dual Sync Distributor
Edelbrock aluminum port matched heads
Comp XE275HL cam, comp springs, comp lifters, comp pushrods
Comp 1.6 rockers
Keith Black KB107 pistons
Holley valve covers
Moroso oil pan (which sits way too low, may have to change it)
Comp timing set
CSR electric water pump
Powermaster 150amp alternator
Powerdyne supercharger (intend to run around 7-9 psi)
Holley HP ECU and wiring harness and 6.86 Prodash

Transmission;
Boss Hog 2800-3200 stall Torque Converter
B&M flexplate
All new factory internals
TransGo shift kit
(looking for a Gearvendors overdrive next)

Ford 8.8 rear end from Explorer (4.11 gears, LSD, 31 spline shafts)

Feel free to take a guess at what it will make on the chassis dyno. Hoping to get it dyno'd early summer.

360 4.JPG

360 5.jpg

2E7FAA30-7EE4-4204-9FA5-54273D7F69E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that is the way to put up some details! Looking forward to see how it does. I have no boost experience so any guess from me would be just that, a wild guess.

I'm probably out in left field but I would have guessed close to 400+ NA and ~550 @8lbs of boost.

Why no intercooler? The powerdyne head unit will be flow limiting but should have a nice smooth rising boost curve. No idea on power without knowing what fuel it’s on. Which will tell us what timing you can put in it. NA that combo should make ~430 or so on pump gas.

-
Back